Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet needs to know that, at least, the vast majority of fans support him !

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

There has been so much crap on here following recent performances and I wont disagree that I am any less dis-appointed as the next but, whilst being realistic, Gus Poyet's brand of football is good to watch and was totally successful in winning the League 1 title last season. It is the way forward and from what he has said, he won't change that (Hooray), and will attempt to resolve any problems.

He has made some important acquisitions during the closed season and, subsequently if needs be, will resolve by the acquisition of new players (in due course).

I really wish that on NSC we could be somewhat more patient as, like many, I would have settled for a mid table position in this our first incursion for some years into the Championship.

One can only hope that our injury situation will improve in the near future.

What else can any reasonable person say - 'Keep the Faith'

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
blah..blah..blah

Yet another drama queen on here. There's quite a few people moaning about the football but Gus was moaning about it as well. It doesn't mean that we've all lost faith in him. Most of us still firmly support what he's doing. Stop fretting and go make us a nice cuppa.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have just posted on another thread that I think we need to get 'Gus Poyet's blue and white army' going for a LONG, LOUD session on Sunday. Who is up for it?

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011

There has been so much crap on here following recent performances and I wont disagree that I am any less dis-appointed as the next but, whilst being realistic, Gus Poyet's brand of football is good to watch and was totally successful in winning the League 1 title last season. It is the way forward and from what he has said, he won't change that (Hooray), and will attempt to resolve any problems.

He has made some important acquisitions during the closed season and, subsequently if needs be, will resolve by the acquisition of new players (in due course).

I really wish that on NSC we could be somewhat more patient as, like many, I would have settled for a mid table position in this our first incursion for some years into the Championship.

One can only hope that our injury situation will improve in the near future.

What else can any reasonable person say - 'Keep the Faith'

Yawn.

This is more than a blip. Unfortunately the performances have been getting worse. How many of the 9 games without a win have you been too? I have been to all 9. The time for a few songs at the Amex & blind 'in Gus we trust' have passed. We will be bottom 3 by the end of the month, or close to it if we can fluke one win in November.

Yes I will be at Southampton & Derby. At least the trip to the Broadfield next year is not too far away!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I have just posted on another thread that I think we need to get 'Gus Poyet's blue and white army' going for a LONG, LOUD session on Sunday. Who is up for it?

ME! I will start and keep it going for as long as I have breath.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Yet another drama queen on here. There's quite a few people moaning about the football but Gus was moaning about it as well. It doesn't mean that we've all lost faith in him. Most of us still firmly support what he's doing. Stop fretting and go make us a nice cuppa.

NO - Not another drama queen at all, just trying to encourage the 'some' to stop posting a load of s--- designed to undermine what GP has achieved in his , frankly, short time with Albion.

Yawn.

This is more than a blip. Unfortunately the performances have been getting worse. How many of the 9 games without a win have you been too? I have been to all 9. The time for a few songs at the Amex & blind 'in Gus we trust' have passed. We will be bottom 3 by the end of the month, or close to it if we can fluke one win in November.

Yes I will be at Southampton & Derby. At least the trip to the Broadfield next year is not too far away!

Just the man we need when the chips are down eh?

I've been to seven of the nine and i was also at the first six or seven when we were top of the league! This is our first season in the Championship for a while..................did you think it would be easy??

If its such a drag supporting your team through a bad patch the sod off and support Man U.....................

D

Deleted member 2719

I agree that Gus should know we support him, BUT i also want to see what Gus is really made of and how good a manager he really is and what his staying power is like when things are not going to plan.

Should all be very interesting.

With this negativity I thought we were in the bottom three. Just looked and we are eleventh and in the middle of mini injury crisis.
Time for Gus to man up..and for us to back the team. And can't help but feel it's gonna be ok.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
If Gus really cared that after a bad run like this some people were unhappy then he would not be the man to lead Brighton.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Whether it be Gus or the players, anyone associated with the club will always get our support, however it is a two way thing. From reading all these threads (some are cobblers) no one is directly pointing a finger of blame at Gus just questioning comments.

Gus will as always get a good reception, I think it is the players who need the support from the fans. If I'm honest I think our support has been nervy of late and that comes across on the players, just sing and support for 90 minutes and be that 12th player the lads are in need of.

Just get behind the Albion, we aren't a bad side over night.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Gus just needs to relax and get back the confidence and belief we had before the Liverpool game

It will come just need a win to build on

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
We are not a bad side.

It cannot be a coincidence that the games we conceeded goals in against Leeds,palace & Ipswich we scored.
Since then we haven't looked like scoring.
Gus has always stated he is an attacking manager.

Pre-season we invested in attacking players maybe we should play to our strengths rather than trying to protect our weaknesses.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
I f***ing love GUS POYET, the man is a god, he has got us playing the best football we gave ever played and yet people slate him

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
Complete faith in Gus. Form is incredibly temporary = take a look at in-form Leeds 0 - out of form 'pool 5 -- where the hell did that result come from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here