Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet Interview - Very Interesting.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Gus interview after Saturday in full.

See following post for a working link!

It looks like he is determined to get things right next year. Maybe the football will also become more entertaining with the better players? He says he needs a lot more money though.

The problem is, virtually all he spent last year was wasted on players he rarely uses.

Last edited:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
How does posting Gus' own word constitute "Gus-bashing"?

My comments, in my opinion, are "balanced". It would be very easy to be highly critical.

Probably because so many of your comments appear "Gus Bashing"?

Also stating "The problem is, virtually all he spent last year was wasted on players he rarely uses" just provided further proof, if any were needed.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Is it me or does he sound a tad depressed?

He sounds thoroughly pissed-off. So he should though. Equally, he sounds determined to get things right next year.

Maybe getting stuffed will be just what was needed to convince people that the team needs major surgery to become true contenders, and the nucleus of a Premiership squad. All the "nearly" results were hardly likely to expose our real lack of quality.

I am already getting excited about next season. We can all have views about Gus' style of play etc., but nobody would dispute his ambition and determination to be a "winner".

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Probably because so many of your comments appear "Gus Bashing"?

Also stating "The problem is, virtually all he spent last year was wasted on players he rarely uses" just provided further proof, if any were needed.

Is it not a statement of fact? If proof were needed that the post was "balanced"?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Perhaps now that John Stephenson has gone and the new fella David Burke is in that role we may see some better quality signings? Maybe we won't go spunking £500k on the likes of Harley & Hoskins.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This close season is gonna be fascinating. I'm hoping for similar if not even more ramped up excitement on signings. The CMS and Lua Lua signings had so many of us unable to work as we hit the refresh button. Makes the close season bearable for those of us who have no time for cricket.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Is it me or does he sound a tad depressed?

This was on the back of a 6-0 at West Ham, I would have been a bit miffed if he'd be all laughs and jokes tbh. That is not the way to behave in an interview after you've lost .... eh Barry!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maybe the football will also become more entertaining with the better players?

The style of play will not change. It will just become more effective. Also if you look at recent polls/threads about 95% of Albion fans LOVE how we play at the moment. Plenty entertaining enough for me.

D

Deleted member 22389

Watched the whole interview on Seagulls world. This is what I took from the interview.

- All about bringing the right players in to begin with, players that understand the system. Players that are physically strong.

- Next season he wants the playoffs. Each season he want to improve.

- Sounds like a few players might be going. He said he does not like doing it, but he is the manager. Gus said they have been very very fair, but this summer is coming the Ugly part, we see.

- Hoskins still our player and will be back. Said he was not pushed out. Left because he wanted to get some games in.

- Budget, Gus is not going to cry, but he is going to ask for what is needed. Budget to have a chance.

- Asked if CMS was feeling down. Gus said CMS just wants to score goals, and he said give him time.

- Vicente, he will let him decide what he wants to do. He will sit down and talk to him. But said he would not blame him if he wanted to play at a higher level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here