Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet in the transfer market

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The sheer number of signings that Gus has made does show that he has been given adequate backing by TB. It is annoying that he implies that he somehow is working off a shoestring.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
graphwrite.aspx

An alternative analysis - ups and downs not included.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
graphwrite.aspx

An alternative analysis - ups and downs not included.
Puts it in prospective really however we could be in top flight, euro and win the FA cup and people would still moan! Gus has signed some poor players, but hes also signed some amazing players who under Slade or Adams would never play for us. What manager hasn't made a few mistakes?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Holroyd - shit
Arismendi - shit
Hendrie - past it
LuaLua - class but injury prone
Barnes - superb League 1 signing, not up to it in Championship
Ankergren - ditto Barnes
Calderon - great in League 1, jury's out now though
Painter - ditto Calderon
Greer - great signing
Sandaza - shit
Brezovan - unconvincing keeper
Hoskins - half a million pound sicknote
Buckley - great player but appears to be a million pound sicknote
Mackail-Smith £2.5million. 6 goals
Kishishev - did the job for half a season before his legs packed up
Wood - failed to impress after an encouraging start
Vincelot - doesn't appear to offer anything other than versatility
Paynter - shit, laughing stock
Bridcutt - great signing although a bit of a lucky one
Vicente - has achieved the impossible in being a more expensive sicknote than Paul Kitson, and an even bigger joke
Harper - good keeper, 1 month loan = pointless
Sparrow - inconsistent midfielder, sometimes good, frequently anonymous
Noone - good signing with potential, no end product currently
Harley - 1/4 million pounds worth of shit
Baz - shit
Battipiedi - shit

No wonder Tony Bloom won't give him any more money. Don't expect much in the way of signings this month.

Haven't bothered to read his opening post but its bound to be a negitive one as thats all he can post about and as a result, welcome to my ignore list WW :wave:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Withdean Wanderer, this is a prime example of a copraphiliac.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Call me a cock all you like chaps, but onto page 2 of this thread, and the only signing anyone has bothered to question my opinion of is, er, Lee Hendrie.

Could just face facts that our manager is a bit of a joke when it comes to transfers, despite all his pathetic whinging about not being given enough money to spend

Yes a successful fishing trip on NSC you must be so proud of yourself. Shooting fish in a barrel anyone?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Go support Crystal Palace WW, they need you more than we do, this place gets more and more depressing.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Seriously, this guy needs a ban?

There is utterly no point to him. Not funny, not informative, doesn't spark any sort of debate, annoys some and mildly irritates many, and does the opposite of what a Brighton supporter should do.

Ban the cock

Is Bozza going ahead with the nominating people to be banned?

If so, and yours was a nomination I'll second it.

Sent from my phone cause I can

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Get your comments on the 100 great things about gus poyet thread then guys!!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
what a complete load of tosh....some of the worst crap I have read on this forum and there has been some crap.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ultimately I can't help feeling these sort of posts will cease once WW finds his first girlfriend.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ultimately I can't help feeling these sort of posts will cease once WW finds his first girlfriend.

Perhaps if we clubbed together we could find him a girlfriend for 20 minutes. I know it was done for another regular poster on NSC.............

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Seriously, this guy needs a ban?

There is utterly no point to him. Not funny, not informative, doesn't spark any sort of debate, annoys some and mildly irritates many, and does the opposite of what a Brighton supporter should do.

Ban the cock

What is all this banning bollocks with you? Jesus Christ man. Grow up. Or grow a pair!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The thing with WW is, he isn't stupid. He's a bit odd in that he seems to get some kind of weird kick about posting negative stuff and seeing how many replies and how much abuse he gets, but I don't think he is serious, I just don't think he has anything better to do, which is a bit sad really. As Simster says, it will probably stop when he gets a girlfriend.

But the problem is, retards like the cock below think it is serious, and actually agree with him.

Couldn't of put it better myself. Tony is no mug, I keep saying Gus isn't the right man for the job and this time next year he'll be playing golf.

Bigbelly, do you understand the big picture? Do you understand what Gus is doing at the club? Do you understand that it is a massive, long-term job? Do you understand that he has changed the way the club do things from the bottom up? Making the under 8's play the same passing football as the first team? Getting rid of the old set-in-their-ways dinosaur youth coaches? Completely overhauling everything to make it more professional? The academy? Building the foundations for the Premier League so we can stay there once we get there, not just buying a load of ageing Premier League players to get us promoted and then coming straight back down again?

Do you know why Barcelona are such a good team? It isn't down to money. All the top clubs have money. It's because the club is an institution, it has a way of doing things, and that way is the same from the 8 year olds all the way up to Messi and Iniesta. The way they teach the players, the way the bring the players through. The Barcelona way. That is what Gus is trying to create here, that kind of system. The problem is, the more unintelligent of us (you) think his job is only about making the first team win every single match they play. It isn't. It's a grand plan, and it is going very well indeed.

Our league position has got consistently higher since the day he took over, and we are in the perfect position of mid-table in the Championship, half way through our first season back in it. We have the country's top clubs wanting to pay millions of pounds for kids who Gus has brought through the youth team, and we have more promising youngsters waiting to be promoted to the first team to take their place. We have a fantastic new stadium which we are already trying to extend so we can meet the insatiable demand to watch us, and we are building one of the best academies in the country so we can produce even better kids for the first team, or sell on for millions of pounds to enable us to sign top quality players. A massive amount of this is down to Gus. Yes, it's Bloom's money, but can you imagine all this going on with Micky Adams in charge? Russel Slade? Mark Mcghee? Even Stevie Coppell? No. Do you think players of the calibre of CMS would have considered us if it wasn't for Gus? No.

The whole club is being transformed, and Gus is involved on every level. Along with Tony Bloom, he is the best thing to happen to this club in the last 25 years, and if he stays long enough, quite possibly ever. Yes, he makes the odd mistake or strange decision, but this is his first job as a Manager, and Ferguson and Mourinho still make mistakes.

It isn't just about the 1st team winning football matches (which we have still won more than our fair share of). So please tell me, exactly what the f*** you are moaning about, and who you think would do a better job bearing mind all of the above?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here