Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet appreciation thread

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I have noticed an ever increasing resentment of Gus building up on NSC over the last few weeks.

I will admit that in the past I have questioned his tactical nous and ability to change to Plan B during a match if things are not going to plan.

However, one thing you can never doubt is Poyet's commitment to our football club, and his ambition to reach the Premier League.

Yes he has made the odd mistake in the transfer Market, but then again what manager hasn't?

He has also made some incredible signings in Buckley, Bruno, Bridge, Bridcutt and Kuczczak.

Now more than ever is the time to get behind Gus and the boys. On the fringes of the play offs and with the promise of further marquee signings in January, this is one of the most successful periods in the clubs history.

So let's universally get behind the manager and the players, and give it our best shot to reach the promised land.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just needs Bryan Wade as striker coach.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't need one, the majority, vast majority of Brighton supporters back him and the Chairman for appointing him. Pointless thread to get at fatarsedbelly and WithdeanBoltonWanderers and their followers. But I get the sentiment.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Don't need one, the majority, vast majority of Brighton supporters back him and the Chairman for appointing him. Pointless thread to get at fatarsedbelly and WithdeanBoltonWanderers and their followers. But I get the sentiment.

That certainly wasn't the intention of the thread. I think sometimes people forget how far we have come.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That certainly wasn't the intention of the thread. I think sometimes people forget how far we have come.

Forget how far we have come, think of what is to come... the Brighton haters love to give a :facepalm: to anyone that dares suggest the strides we have made. Leave them to their pathetic, sad threads, they are pretty much seen through nowadays, and in a huge, huge minority of overall Brighton support (not just NSC).

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Woo, YEAH. God Gus. FOUR MORE YEARS, FOUR MORE YEARS, FOUR MORE YEARS*

until another tedious failure to win on Saturday where several hundred more accept what's staring them in the face; he's taken us as far as he can.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
He was, is & always will be, a top man. Already an Albion ledge; some people don't realize how good we have things now.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Oh & by the way, people that come out with that oh so tedious line, "he's taken us as far as he can", 2 words; Alan Curbishley.

Go away & follow the "Sky team" you were "loyal' to before we had the Amex etc.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I have noticed an ever increasing resentment of Gus building up on NSC over the last few weeks.

I will admit that in the past I have questioned his tactical nous and ability to change to Plan B during a match if things are not going to plan.

However, one thing you can never doubt is Poyet's commitment to our football club, and his ambition to reach the Premier League.

Yes he has made the odd mistake in the transfer Market, but then again what manager hasn't?

He has also made some incredible signings in Buckley, Bruno, Bridge, Bridcutt and Kuczczak.

Now more than ever is the time to get behind Gus and the boys. On the fringes of the play offs and with the promise of further marquee signings in January, this is one of the most successful periods in the clubs history.

So let's universally get behind the manager and the players, and give it our best shot to reach the promised land.
Endorse this post 100%

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Woo, YEAH. God Gus. FOUR MORE YEARS, FOUR MORE YEARS, FOUR MORE YEARS*

until another tedious failure to win on Saturday where several hundred more accept what's staring them in the face; he's taken us as far as he can.

Right on cue.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Excellent posting Londonblue and TRHk

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

A vast majority of Brighton fans backing Poyet ?
Not so sure it's a vast majority I would guess at
70% gus hero
30% gus treading water won't take us any further
BTW
At the moment I'm in the gus Hero camp

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A vast majority of Brighton fans backing Poyet ?
Not so sure it's a vast majority I would guess at
70% gus hero
30% gus treading water won't take us any further
BTW
At the moment I'm in the gus Hero camp

Even it were 70/30 that is really a vast majority... landslide in an election. However I still think it would be closer 80/20 to 85/15 in the general world of Brighton support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here