Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus on Radio Sussex...... we will break transfer record again

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Did he say a forward? How do you not know it may be a creative midfield player?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Forlan is also a current International.

Playing in Englands second division is hardly perceived as condusive to continuing to play for his country.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Diego Forlan? Is he really that good? I mean yes, he did alright in the Spanish top league and has played a few internationals but the Championship is a completely different league, I don't know if he has the quality that we should be aiming for.

Personally I think we should be considering someone along the lines of Tevez or maybe Balotelli. I just don't think Forlan is much of an improvement on what we already have.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
This is an incredibly exciting time :clap:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
NOOOOOO

we don't want to end up like Leeds where we spend shed loads of money on players and end up in more debt.

STOP IT NOW

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
NOOOOOO

we don't want to end up like Leeds where we spend shed loads of money on players and end up in more debt.

STOP IT NOW

If (as suspected) Bennett is going for around £1.5m, then we've pretty much broken even so far.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
The lethargic Murray gone, and two speedsters arriving so far...looks to me like Gus is trying to inject a bit more PACE into our forward line for next season. The patient build-up from the back, then a sudden turn of pace off the defenders shoulder, the ball slipped through and BANG, we're in behind them. I can see it all now.

:sexwee:

:clap:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
look all I am saying is lets get this in perspective.

we have all on here at various times slagged off in a self rightous way other clubs for "spending beyond their means" and slagging off clubs who have owners who splash the cash....Abramovitch, Glaziers etc....now it looks as though we are doing the same, so I sincerely hope that we have the finances available to do this ( outside of Bloom) that can support such spending!

At the end of teh day, bloom built us a spankingly new horrendously expensive stadium, that Knight hinted the banks would not finance....so hopefullty our business model is based on income from football and the stadium, rather than asking bloom to turna card and finance buying players

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You just want us to not compete on spending with Huddersfield, so they have an advantage over us. Oh, hang on, we won't be playing them will we? lol

hilarious

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Putting together rumours and current trend who ever this mystery striker is he's had premier league experience and he must have a Watford connection somewhere? I'll start the guessing at Tamas Priskin the 25yr old Hungarian international striker from Ipswich who played for Watford in the prem.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

we have all on here at various times slagged off in a self rightous way other clubs for "spending beyond their means" and slagging off clubs who have owners who splash the cash....Abramovitch, Glaziers etc....now it looks as though we are doing the same, so I sincerely hope that we have the finances available to do this ( outside of Bloom) that can support such spending!

At the end of teh day, bloom built us a spankingly new horrendously expensive stadium, that Knight hinted the banks would not finance....so hopefullty our business model is based on income from football and the stadium, rather than asking bloom to turna card and finance buying players

I don't really give a shit where the money came from, and I won't complain if TB wants to be a sugar daddy. I have already wasted the last 20 years as an Albion supporter putting up with shit. Life is too short to worry about such things - as long as it is sustainable and we keep the Club afloat.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I'd hate to do a Huddersfield and build a brand new stadium, then spend most of our time unable to get out of the 3rd division.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't really give a shit where the money came from, and I won't complain if TB wants to be a sugar daddy. I have already wasted the last 20 years as an Albion supporter putting up with shit. Life is too short to worry about such things - as long as it is sustainable and we keep the Club afloat.

which is exactly the issue ( and I have put up with 35 years of this). IT must be sustainable and the club must be able to finance these things over and above Bloom or we will be in the same boat as the very clubs we smugly like to slag off.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

FFS... we are a well-managed club... we are experiencing a MAJOR INCREASE IN INCOME... we have been promoted, and we need to spend big money just to compete... we are NO LONGER A TIN-POT CLUB... can you get that into your head?

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton

Tbf in terms of transfers we are about even with in/outs so wouldn't say we have been 'splashing the cash' too much yet.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing

Are you being serious???? 1.5M in and 1.5M out. Hardly spending above our means really are we. You'd expect a team with average finances to spend 1-2M coming up from league 1 to champ, and thats just in extra revenue streams from the new season. A team with a brand spanking new stadium, 19000 season ticket sales and corperate hospitality income on top of the increase in sponsorship and extra money being a league higher brings in could easily spend 4-5 million without putting the club at any sort of risk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here