Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus on Radio Sussex...... we will break transfer record again

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
KLL is part of Newcastles plans , it was in the Argus Pardew wants him .

Seems dead in the water that one

It was in the argus that KLL said Pardew told him he was wanted. That could be Pardew expecting KLL to mention it either publically or in informal discussions with Brighton so Newcastle can up their asking price, it may be KLL acting on agent instructions in an effort to increase Brighton's offer for him on personal terms.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing

I dont think so, you wouldnt expect a manager to say anything else. Wait and see, reading some comments on here from people ITK we thought we had him in the bag. I think we'll keep going until we get him. I cant see him being in Newcastles plans and i think theres a big chance he will be with us next season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
shhhhhh...I have heard a whisper. James Beattie

actually do you know who I would LOVE to see here........Terry Henri ( we could bring him back from playing mickey mouse football in the USA and he would be idolised)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
speaking of which..... After all this excitement, How are you going to feel if you read this on the Argus!!

ALBION SMASH TRANSFER RECORD ON WORLD CUP STAR

The seagulls swooped today to beat their own previous record transfer for Will Buckley, by spending £1.2 million on promising young Premier league and New Zealand International striker, Chris Wood.

That would be awful, which makes me laugh because didn't WBA spend rather a lot more than that on him?

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Funny how football fan attitudes have moved from bragging over the quality of a new signing to bragging how much money has been spunked on a new player.

I am happy at how the club is moving forward but the lack of respect shown in football to huge amounts of money (ie 500,000 pounds!) is scary.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That would be awful, which makes me laugh because didn't WBA spend rather a lot more than that on him?

They can afford to though, they've been on the gravy train for a few years so a million / million and a halfto them is peanuts.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Lua Lua is a reasonable shout, id think we could get him for less than 1 mill but it could easily be him

Brighton want to sign Newcastle United attacker Kazenga LuaLua permanently.

The young forward enjoyed a successful loan spell with the Seagulls last season.

The People says Brighton hope to tie up the signing of LuaLua for around £1million.

For his part, LuaLua has spoken about trying to establish at Toon next season.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Don't read so much into it....... LuaLua has 1 year on his contract left, Pardew has enticed LuaLua with 2 sub appearences (and he's only said he wants to see him in pre-season thats all), and Now Pardew can either flog him for a better price, or put LuaLua on a new deal and then loan him again.

He is far from making the Newcastle first team imho and they are going to spend pretty big.

Of course with Pardew playing him as sub and saying he wants to see him in pre season, its not suprising KLL has said he wants to stay....... same thing Bennett said just a couple of months ago.

I am confident he will be here in some capacity next season (probably loan after new Newcastle contract). A season in first team of championship club is the level KLL is currently at and Pardew knows it.

Pardew is just being canny

Last edited:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
shhhhhh...I have heard a whisper. James Beattie

Can you tell your whisperer to keep the noise down, please?

I shuddered at the thought of that lounge lizard sicknote coming anywhere near our dear club.

I would even prefer your other suggestion, Alan Lee. And he wouldn't be in the top 100 of strikers we should sign.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here