Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus on Radio Sussex...... we will break transfer record again

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Now you're being ridiculous yourself, mentioning Craig Bellamy in the same breath as Crofts. It's not really worth an argument but I'd suggest Bellamy is a pretty high profile player who played in the 2nd division last season and you said that it couldn't happen in this era :rolleyes:

You're citing the signing of Bobby Smith in the 60's as proof that us signing Forlan this summer isn't necessarily out of the question - and I'M the one being ridiculous ?

mmmmkay.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
The lethargic Murray gone, and two speedsters arriving so far...looks to me like Gus is trying to inject a bit more PACE into our forward line for next season. The patient build-up from the back, then a sudden turn of pace off the defenders shoulder, the ball slipped through and BANG, we're in behind them. I can see it all now.

:sexwee:

.....to Noone.. goes one way..then the other.....curls in a cross to Barnes....steps over it brilliantly... Buckley!...Goooooaaaaal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You're citing the signing of Bobby Smith in the 60's as proof that us signing Forlan this summer isn't necessarily out of the question - and I'M the one being ridiculous ?

mmmmkay.

Nice side step

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Us even trying for Forlan is the thought of a mongoid. If i were him i'd never even think about going to a championship club before i was 39.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
To be quite honest, he said 'no chance' to answering where the player was going to be playing. When asked 'is it up front' Gus seems to just palm it off with a 'yes of course' which sounded more to me like a 'think what you want' reply than a confirmation of it being a striker. Don't get me wrong, spending more than a million on any new player would blow my head off with shock haha, but it's not necessarily going to be upfront.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Someone mentioned Forlan, it wont be him...... but I have a feeling that Gus trip to Uruguay was to bag Santiago Garcia......

top scorer for league winners Nacional and on verge of national team and just behind Forlan and Suarez.

Benfica want him if they sell another striker (which they haven't yet)....

I reckon Poyet may have been doing more than sunbathing in Montivideo and has moved quickly for Uruguays next big thing.

Will he be our next big thing?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1662/uruguay/2011/05/26/2504518/benfica-line-up-nacionals-santiago-garcia-as-a-replacement

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Tottenahm wanted Forlan in January but couldn't afford the fee or wages.

It's about a million times less likely then us signing Michael Owen was.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A proven 20-25 goal a season striker in the Championship would be way, way, way too expensive for us and would be looking for a move to the Premiership, not to us, who are unproven in this division.

We'll see... not sure the target will be proven in the Championship but maybe from a top division in another country...who knows?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
whoa, whats going on, I go away to the states on business and casually decide to log in to NSC and find out we've spent £1m on a single player, WTF

Then I notice the post about Gus telling the BBC SCR that we'll likely break that again , OMG

f***ing Get In :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've not sidestepped anything. I've just driven a truck through your reasoning.

Claptrap, I gave you an example of a high profile International who played in the Championship on the back of you saying it could never happen in this era. You then side stepped by reverting to mocking a tongue in cheek question about whether Forlan would be coming here.

Your truck just crashed

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As excited as I am by this 'new era' and the optimism that, I'm totally with you, mate. I do not want us to end up in the shit because we've over-spent. What we need is another Bobby Z, a player on the cheap who we can develop into a goalscoring superstar. Here's hoping!

So you are just going to ignore the fact that Gus said we are gonna break our recently-established £1M transfer record on a striker?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here