Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus/Leeds

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
clutching at straws for a (non)story. Gus was at Leeds for a year and walked out. why would he go back there? more likly to see him at Tottenham or Chelsea and both of them are some way off.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I had a dream the Gus left us and went to manage Newcastle, he let us keep Lua Lua until the end of the season but we appointed PAUL STURROCK as boss.

I woke up seriously depressed and was actually crying a little... (Not ashamed to admit that!).

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
For 1,000,000th time,

HARRY REDKNAPP WILL NEVER BE ENGLAND MANAGER.

This.

His annoying ****ish attitude, his "loveable" charm and his "I don't think anyone will turn down the england job" speech which are basically "I STILL really want this job, and this speech didn't work last year so maybe it'll work now" can f*** OFF.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
but we appointed PAUL STURROCK as boss.

I woke up seriously depressed and was actually crying a little... (Not ashamed to admit that!).

Dream???!!
Thats more like a f***ing nightmare. Luckily I dont think TB would ever appoint Paul Sturrock, ever.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I had a dream the Gus left us and went to manage Newcastle, he let us keep Lua Lua until the end of the season but we appointed PAUL STURROCK as boss.

:lolol: I had a similar dream a while ago that I went to the first game at Falmer - and it looked a lot like Lancing's ground. I remember thinking "Bloody hell I thought it would be better than this!" One end was just a chalk bank covered in brambles.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I wish naylor would f*** off and go and report on somebody else.

His constant snipping about sneering attitude towards the club and us fans pisses me right off. he views us as some sort of toy town outfit, always banging on about how small we are. And this gus to leeds non-story is a classic example, leeds are in the league above so therefore in naylor's view any albion boss must surely dream of a move to such a prestigious post!

Of course like all people with issues around their self-worth haunted by their inadequacies and failures (how's the career going these days andy... oh, you're STILL working for the argus reporting on a team you hate in a city you hate) he has to put people down down to make himself feel better about himself. So therefore, loves nothing more than belittling the albion to give himself a brief flush of power and success. a cheap temporary thrill before the familier feelings of failure and squandered opportunities return.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
When Gus does go, I think TB will be looking to appoint somebody in his image and the likelihood is that the new man will be taking over a successful team.

'Success' = revenue

'Revenue' = an attractive wage

This should be enough to have people with the right credentials [ie non-hoofing, route one panickers] scrabbling for the job.

God - I'm gonna miss him though [sniff!]

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Gus is a young manager hoping to have a successful career, his options are:

Stay with Brighton and get them promoted whilst at Withdean, this will then be followed by a new stadium and subsequently a bit of money to make a go of things in the Championship. Similarly to Hull and Reading the impitus of a new stadium could even see promotion to the Premiership over the near future.

OR

Leave now having won nothing and go to a Championship side who will be fighting for a mid table spot, work with a squad of player who he has to train and indoctorinate about his style of football. In reality his only hope is that he can get them promoted and look like a genius

OR

Off to the Premiership with a badly performing side who are fighting relegation, a risk to his reputation and to work with a squad that is not good enough and is not capable of playing his style of football

OR

A Premiership big gun who has the potential to be competing for European honours, Champions League or Europa, a good squad of able footballers.

Apart from the last option I can't see why he would leave to go anywhere, he has the chance to make a real name for himself with us and could get us to the Premiership and I think he would then want a crack with us for a year or two to see if we can stay there. Unless one of the big 6 or 7 clubs, or equivelant team abroad, come in for him I don't think he will leave.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Personally I'm worried about Leeds, leaking goals and if they find themselves in relegation trouble and sack Grayson think we might be in trouble. Poyet has often said he likes the club and as much as it hurts they are pretty big club

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Personally I'm worried about Leeds, leaking goals and if they find themselves in relegation trouble and sack Grayson think we might be in trouble. Poyet has often said he likes the club and as much as it hurts they are pretty big club

He'll never go to Leeds with Falmer round the corner

Bloody hell, the bloke has signed a 4 year deal with us and the chances of him going BACK to Leeds are slim. One day Gus will leave but don't worry, we have a perfectly good manager waiting in the wings...

Attachments

• 0,,10433~9117733,00.jpg
    0,,10433~9117733,00.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 177

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Bloody hell, the bloke has signed a 4 year deal with us and the chances of him going BACK to Leeds are slim. One day Gus will leave but don't worry, we have a perfectly good manager waiting in the wings...

On the basis that gus accepted the managers job here on the condition that tano was his assistant I would imagine that tano will be going with gus when the tim comes. On the other hand Charlie Oatway has the ressies playing the same game as the 1st team.......

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Naylor knows f*** all about football,
this is the f***ing helmet that made an arsehole of himself on talksport a few years back trying to convince Rodney marsh that maradonna was buying the albion,the sooner the arsegust suss this talentless tit out the better.

He has been working there since the late 80's and North Road, after Vinicombe retired he slid straight into his seat and will not be going anywhere. His family were born and raised in Brighton. Just a shame he supports Stoke, but for impartial views on games, it is not professional to have a supporter/journo cover anything they can or will be biased on.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He has been working there since the late 80's and North Road, after Vinicombe retired he slid straight into his seat and will not be going anywhere. His family were born and raised in Brighton. Just a shame he supports Stoke, but for impartial views on games, it is not professional to have a supporter/journo cover anything they can or will be biased on.

Didn't we have Jamie Baker as chief football writer between Vinicombe and Naylor?

I quite like Andy Naylor. I don't understand why people think he hates Brighton (the team or the town) he always seems perfectly fair and, as he's not a fan, he doesn't see everything through blue and white specs like Vinicombe used to.

He does have this mad idea about not running out to GOSBTS but perhaps he was just trying to stir things up.

Oh, and I can't see Gus going anywhere this season

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I posted my view that Leeds Utd should be our adopted "2nd team" over a month ago because of the possible "Poyet to Leeds" fit.

It's great Gus signed a long-term deal although, in football, that doesn't count for much.

As for the Uruguay gig, if there's one job I want him to leave us for it's that one - mainly because he couldn't take our best players with him as they're not from Uruguay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here