Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus/Leeds

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Call me naive, but I genuinely don't think Gus would leave us for Leeds if the chance came up at some stage this season.

He's said time and again that he's working to build something here and that is an ongoing job, he's clearly happy here and he is surely smart enough know that with the Amex finally on the horizon the potential for us to be competing with and maybe even surpassing Leeds in the not-too-distant future is very much there.

He's also smart enough to know that showing his managerial ability by turning us from a struggling League One outfit into already a top League One side and potentially a decent Championship side is going to look a hell of a lot better on his managerial CV should the likes of Chelsea, Tottenham, Zaragoza or Uruguay come calling one day than going to a struggling Championship club and possibly ending with a relegation on the CV rather than the promotion he can get us here.

Besides all of which, Bates is a twat and I can't imagine Gus would want to work for him.

Why even speculate over GP 'leaving'??

We are going to a new and amazing stadium, probably up a division, with a sensible boardroom and in a good town to be around. Some of the things The Albion are planning will be innovative and a breath of fresh air in the game, in this country.

Leave?? Who in their right mind would?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Didn't we have Jamie Baker as chief football writer between Vinicombe and Naylor?

I quite like Andy Naylor. I don't understand why people think he hates Brighton (the team or the town) he always seems perfectly fair and, as he's not a fan, he doesn't see everything through blue and white specs like Vinicombe used to.

He does have this mad idea about not running out to GOSBTS but perhaps he was just trying to stir things up.

Oh, and I can't see Gus going anywhere this season

Thanks for that, Andy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Call me naive, but I genuinely don't think Gus would leave us for Leeds if the chance came up at some stage this season.

He's said time and again that he's working to build something here and that is an ongoing job, he's clearly happy here and he is surely smart enough know that with the Amex finally on the horizon the potential for us to be competing with and maybe even surpassing Leeds in the not-too-distant future is very much there.

He's also smart enough to know that showing his managerial ability by turning us from a struggling League One outfit into already a top League One side and potentially a decent Championship side is going to look a hell of a lot better on his managerial CV should the likes of Chelsea, Tottenham, Zaragoza or Uruguay come calling one day than going to a struggling Championship club and possibly ending with a relegation on the CV rather than the promotion he can get us here.

Besides all of which, Bates is a twat and I can't imagine Gus would want to work for him.

I think you've called this right. He's been there, done that and wasn't at all happy with their staff, especially the assistant manager when they managed to get an equaliser when we played at Elland Rd last season. Their attitude stank.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here