Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus: It would have to be something very, very very unique something very very special

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Chelsea or Uruguay in my opinion. In other words, he is here for the long term!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Uruguay have a good coach who is part of a long term project rebuilding Uruguayan football. Besides, I don't know if Gus has ever said it, but lots of top managers say international management is an old managers game due to the lack of time with the players. I think he'll be long gone from here before the Uruguay job is a likely one for him to take.

If someone like Villa came in, he'd be gone, I'm pretty sure of that. But it's all speculation at the moment, there's no point worrying about it.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I suppose any medium-sized Premier League club is on the face of it going to look like an attractive proposition. But as has often been said, the most important relationship at any club is the one betweeen the chairman and the manager. All indications seem to be that Gus and TB have an excellent working relationship. Gus runs the playing side throughout the club from top to bottom, he's got a chairman who (a) won't sell players from under him and (b) will back him in the transfer market, with no meddling. You're not necessarily going to get that with another board or another chairman, and I don't think thats something Gus would like to discard lightly.

Plus after the playing career he's had, I doubt Gus is short of a few bob, so money would not necessarily be a strong driving factor. Naah, I am confident we have got Gus for a good while yet. Even if the Uruguay job came up, I'm not sure he'd want to swap the day-to-day involvement he has at a football club for the less busy International scene at this stage of his career, although you never know, a World Cup campaign might appeal. But on the whole, I can't see him leaving us any time soon.

I'm of the same opinion as Easy (not about pizzas). Also, I think Gus is in a bit of a unique situation here. He's almost getting to build the club to his tastes. I know the stadium would be there whether he went or not, but with stuff like the proposed training ground, Gus has to be having a lot of say on matters surely. As asy said, seems like him and Bloom have a great relationship and that the chairman is letting Gus's footballing philosophy run throughout the club. Not just the first team.

but I'm always a glass half full kind of a person

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Chelsea or Uruguay in my opinion. In other words, he is here for the long term!

hope so, Chelsea might be looking tonight enviously though. Hope they hire Dean Wilkins instead

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here