Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus: It would have to be something very, very very unique something very very special

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
to tempt me away :clap:

Argus (selected text)

Gus: I am sure there are going to be rumours but i'm not bothered about that..One great way for a manager is to stay at your club for 10-15 years. Of course I want to improve all the time and if that happened or you could set up a whole system in the whole club that would be unbelievable..It would have to be something very,very,very unique, something very special (to tempt him away)

=============================================

I think we are going to keep Gus for a few more years yet :clap:

Once the Academy is up and running, surely, he will have his whole system!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Whing for President... you are running out of time...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is he repeating himself, is the argus rehashing an old interview, or are you reminding everyone, 'cause this was said before a few months back?

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
There are some relationships where you know it's doomed from the start. (Jeff Wood)

There are some relationships where it's amazing, but you split up for the wrong reasons, try to get back together again and for some reason the old spark has gone. (Micky Adams)

There are some relationships where it's a thrilling rollercoaster ride for the first few weeks, but it soon fizzles out, even though you continue to appreciate the fun times. (Russell Slade)

And then there is *the* relationship. Where you just know you've met The One, and things will never be the same again. Step forward Gus Poyet. :love: :love: :love:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Was thinking about starting the ***Official, Premier League Manager sacked, Gus being looked at to replace him*** thread in preparation for next season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm confident Gus is here for at least the next couple of years. Things could perhaps get dicey if the Uruguay job comes up though.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
Only Chelsea or Spurs could tempt him......and i am not sure they would go for him until we had european experience.

:)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Having survived the harsh winter Gus is now enjoying the weather on Blighty's very own costa del crime and realising that the South Coast is where its at. Who needs Zaragoza?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Only possible temptations are the top 6 from Premiership, top 2 from Spain or Uruguay.

He could build something massive with us knowing he will get the support and backing from his chairman to do so.

He won't get offered a high prestigious job until he has got us to top half of Prem, so we have nothing to worry about for a couple of years at least, but even when he has done that he may stay to see how far he can take us.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Only possible temptations are the top 6 from Premiership, top 2 from Spain or Uruguay.

He could build something massive with us knowing he will get the support and backing from his chairman to do so.

He won't get offered a high prestigious job until he has got us to top half of Prem, so we have nothing to worry about for a couple of years at least, but even when he has done that he may stay to see how far he can take us.

Well I hope you're right. I tend to read into his remarks that it would need a job offer from a reasonably secure Premier League team (as opposed to one just promoted and perpetually battling relegation) to tempt him away.

But - no point worrying about it I suppose. Especially not today which might be one of the great days in our history.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Interesting. What if Villa came knocking (have heard this from two people in the midlands - one a Villa fan and one a WBA fan)? No credible source, just fan chat, but I'm not sure it would need to be - or ever would be at this stage of his career - a top six side to tempt him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here