Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus "I want the Albion to be like Southampton" Twitters Andy Naylor

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good grief. This Southampton OBSESSION is becoming embarassing. Yeah, we had a little of banter and a temporary rivalry last season as we were both vying for the same goal, but this season, bollox to it. We've got our proper rivals back, they've got their proper rivals back, and we should care no more about each other than any other two sides in the same division now.

Could probably say fixtures to this comment about 100 times this week.

Forum, place for opinions. It is only 'embarrassing' to those that feel the need to constantly tell everyone else.

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Strolling the league, scoring goals for fun, unbeatable at home. Producing the likes of Bridge, Bale, Walcott and AOC. Yes please.

Yeah, then see it all crashing down like a megaton of bricks in the following season by "Doing a Derby".

This "scoring goals for fun" and top of the league fun will end soon. I bet they'll have a poor second half to the season, like Cardiff did last time!

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Seems an eminently sensible thing to say at the moment given the League table. I'm sure that he'd like BHA to be like Manchester united, Chelsea or Arsenal at the monet.

name me a manager who doesn't want his team to be top of its league, unbeaten at home, scoring goals for fun? They are the benchmark we all have to set our standards by ........ at the moment
They're not exactly scoring for fun as everyone is putting it. Most of it is Kelvin Davies being a good keeper.

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Exactly what I said a hyped up rivalry I would obviously have liked to have beaten Palace but only for the 3 extra points it would give us. I noticed you failed to add the bit about relegation provided we got 6 points off of Palace, its called selective editing to suit the purpose.

It is indeed that, a hyped-up rivalry, we are not their rivals, Pompey are.

This hype reminds me of when Feeder made it big in 2001, the UK music press were creating this "Feeder vs Ash" thing as both bands released their albums in the same week like Oasis and Blur did with their singles 6 years earlier.

Everyone including members and fans of both bands ignored it, cos we all knew it was hyped-up-rivalary magazine-juno cr*p, just like this rivalry with Southampton.

This rivalry is only been engineered because of Adkins comments last season.

NOBODY CARES!!!!!!!!.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It is indeed that, a hyped-up rivalry, we are not their rivals, Pompey are.

This hype reminds me of when Feeder made it big in 2001, the UK music press were creating this "Feeder vs Ash" thing as both bands released their albums in the same week like Oasis and Blur did with their singles 6 years earlier.

Everyone including members and fans of both bands ignored it, cos we all knew it was hyped-up-rivalary magazine-juno cr*p, just like this rivalry with Southampton.

This rivalry is only been engineered because of Adkins comments last season.

NOBODY CARES!!!!!!!!.

He's talking about palace!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Oh and some of us have NOT forgotten, or forgiven, the 0-0 stiitch up with Tottenham in 1978

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They're not exactly scoring for fun as everyone is putting it. Most of it is Kelvin Davies being a good keeper.

Er - they've scored DOUBLE the goals we have.

And for the record, Davies is no better than average. Let's hope he suffers one of his occasional calamaty moments on saturday.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Oh and some of us have NOT forgotten, or forgiven, the 0-0 stiitch up with Tottenham in 1978

I should learn to get over this but I havent. Palace are our main rivals but for the Spurs 0-0 I cant abide the stains.

For the record though they deserve where they are this year and have outperformed us over the games played thus far. Saturday though could be a different thing altogether. 1-0 Calderon 1st goal. Gazwag gave it to you all earlier!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I work with a Saints fan and he spends every week appologising for the awful hoof ball that they play, he would like them to play like Brighton

Sounds like he's just patronising you mate. Or you made that up. Or you're his boss and his pay review is due :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here