Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus "I want the Albion to be like Southampton" Twitters Andy Naylor

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I'm certain Gus is talking about their academy, which is one of the best in the country. It's a great model to aspire to and to attempt to better.

Southampton have now got the setup at their club absolutely spot on, Gus knows this, and this is the direction he wants to take us.

Nothing wrong with his comment, and it'll be interesting to read his full views tomorrow.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I.E top of the league , with abit more time on South Today

THAT'S ALL

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I work with a Saints fan and he spends every week appologising for the awful hoof ball that they play, he would like them to play like Brighton

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Good grief. This Southampton OBSESSION is becoming embarassing. Yeah, we had a little of banter and a temporary rivalry last season as we were both vying for the same goal, but this season, bollox to it. We've got our proper rivals back, they've got their proper rivals back, and we should care no more about each other than any other two sides in the same division now.

this

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I really couldn't care about Saints,infact it is quite nice to see them top.Anyone who hates Pompey more than us is alright with me.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why do we need a benchmark as we create our own benchmark?
I do get annoyed by some of gus's comments at times,states many times that clubs in this division have premiership players bla bla bla,no they are not gus thats why they play in the championship.Gus just seems obsessed with high profile players and using them as the excuse when we lose.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Absolutely f***ing THIS.

I am QUITE happy to SPEND AS LONG AS IT f***ing TAKES TO SPELL OUT TO GUS AND TANO THAT STAINS DONT f***ing MATTER. PALACE MATTERS THATS IT. I WOULD TAKE A SIX NIL PASTING FROM STAINS IF IT GUARANTEED A WIN AGAINST THOSE BASTARDS.

What rubbish 3 points are 3 points irrespective of who they come off and this hate of Palace is just a made up idealogy of rivalry our rivals from years gone by are Portsmouth and Palace are just like any other team, they were only rivals when in the same division as us like Orient were. To hear some talk and post they would be happy to get relegated or struggle all season provided that we took 6 points off of Palace.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Trouble is to be more like them you have to go into administration, write your debts off, leave local suppliers /traders to go bankrupt. Personally, I don't fancy it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Good grief. This Southampton OBSESSION is becoming embarassing. Yeah, we had a little of banter and a temporary rivalry last season as we were both vying for the same goal, but this season, bollox to it. We've got our proper rivals back, they've got their proper rivals back, and we should care no more about each other than any other two sides in the same division now.

and this is indeed correct.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What rubbish 3 points are 3 points irrespective of who they come off

Utter balls. Given the choice between beating Barnsley or Palace this year at the Amex I suspect that 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of Albion fans would go for the latter.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Utter balls. Given the choice between beating Barnsley or Palace this year at the Amex I suspect that 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of Albion fans would go for the latter.

Exactly what I said a hyped up rivalry I would obviously have liked to have beaten Palace but only for the 3 extra points it would give us. I noticed you failed to add the bit about relegation provided we got 6 points off of Palace, its called selective editing to suit the purpose.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Southampton should be a friendly rivalry. Hate palarse, hate pompey and with saints, well prefer to beat them than a barnsley or somebody if honest but not going to get any more pissed off if loose to them than if any other side. Also genuinely hope they do fairly well and very, very few sides in the Champ I would have any good wishes for. A few saints fans are proper bellends but every club has those keyboard warriors and all the fans I've met in person have been very friendly, mutually complementary about each others teams, and hate two sets of cheating scum as we do. They have said we play attractive football with a young team and have a great stadium, I think their academy is excellent. Should be like the rivalry you have with your friend and when it kicks off you both beat the crap out of the 2 idiot neighbours then get back to your mucking about kind of enjoying beating each other in 'fun' or 'jest'. Very different feeling to proper rivals. Like you'd rather beat your mate at FIFA than some bloke you have no connection too, but it's different to the satisfaction of getting one over a historic enemy.

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
Southampton should be a friendly rivalry. Hate palarse, hate pompey and with saints, well prefer to beat them than a barnsley or somebody if honest but not going to get any more pissed off if loose to them than if any other side. Also genuinely hope they do fairly well and very, very few sides in the Champ I would have any good wishes for. A few saints fans are proper bellends but every club has those keyboard warriors and all the fans I've met in person have been very friendly, mutually complementary about each others teams, and hate two sets of cheating scum as we do. They have said we play attractive football with a young team and have a great stadium, I think their academy is excellent. Should be like the rivalry you have with your friend and when it kicks off you both beat the crap out of the 2 idiot neighbours then get back to your mucking about kind of enjoying beating each other in 'fun' or 'jest'. Very different feeling to proper rivals. Like you'd rather beat your mate at FIFA than some bloke you have no connection too, but it's different to the satisfaction of getting one over a historic enemy.

Spot on. As a Saints fan there's slightly more anticipation and it means a slight bit more than your average league game now, but apart from that I and many other Saints fans have nothing against you. We both have our proper rivals and there's nothing wrong with having a bit of banter over this game either. Now let's hope we stuff you on Saturday.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Exactly what I said a hyped up rivalry I would obviously have liked to have beaten Palace but only for the 3 extra points it would give us. I noticed you failed to add the bit about relegation provided we got 6 points off of Palace, its called selective editing to suit the purpose.

It's not a hyped up rivalry - it's absolutely genuine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here