Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus and his "Big decisions"

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Reading the official website interview, Mr Poyet seems very agitated indeed.
We've heard it all before but he seems to be closer to a striker that "costs a lot, but we are doing out business"
He sounds most upset with his forward line, not putting chances away after dominating play. Nothing new I know, but its the most upset I've heard him.
And another hint at further dropping our current style of play, "it doesn't matter how you play if you don't win".
He also seemed gutted for the fans infront of yesterday's massive attendance that they couldn't win for the fans, again having a pop at his forwards. Very angry Gus indeed

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
His disappointment yesterday was that they could not hit the target. He said he was not frustrated, but disappointed and also it was not a confidence issue, but a quality issue.

There is no way, however, that he will change the way we play. We create loads of chances, just don't have that touch of quality at the end of it to finish them off.

But I don't think he was angry, just very, very disappointed. Will be interesting to see what happens in January and whether the forwards we have now respond to the criticism before then.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Will be interesting to see what happens in January and whether the forwards we have now respond to the criticism before then.

They haven't done so far so expect to see 1 at least moving on in January. Sadly, they are just not good enough in front of goal on a regular basis. The odd moment of brilliance is not enough when there are so many chances being created of late.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If he wasn't angry about that toothless display he f***ing well should have been.

I don't think we suffer from a lack of quality in any other area other than an absolute killer upfront. We all know CMS is capable of some brilliant bursts, Barnes is a major question mark the longer he plays and our outstanding approach play is too often spunked into row z or off the fricking woodwork. We have made teams like Boro and Leeds look very ordinary and still haven't put the twats to the sword...and then PALACE start playing like f***ing demons just to pour more piss on our fading season.

It'll come right, I know it will. Our jigsaw is coming together but all this f***ing conceding in the 95th minute, missing bloody penalties and getting needlessly penalised for foul play is starting to piss me off.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If he wasn't angry about that toothless display he f***ing well should have been.

I don't think we suffer from a lack of quality in any other area other than an absolute killer upfront. We all know CMS is capable of some brilliant bursts, Barnes is a major question mark the longer he plays and our outstanding approach play is too often spunked into row z or off the fricking woodwork. We have made teams like Boro and Leeds look very ordinary and still haven't put the twats to the sword...and then PALACE start playing like f***ing demons just to pour more piss on our fading season.

It'll come right, I know it will. Our jigsaw is coming together but all this f***ing conceding in the 95th minute, missing bloody penalties and getting needlessly penalised for foul play is starting to piss me off.

Good post :thumbsup:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

It will come right for sure.

I will whisper this quietly but take out our defeat to the nigels and they are not on a particular great run and they threw away a two goal lead. They also have two team breathing down there necks.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He's the one spending all f***ing summer dicking around in the transfer market and failing to get a player in the one position it was obvious to anyone that we lacked. He's the one who spent all summer banging on about target men, a special signing, a striker, and then he signed the crap, midget on transfer deadline day and leaves him on the bench.

It's himself he should be angry with, and I that's without mentioning his massive cock-up the previous summer.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Gus was just a little naive when he signed CMS. He chose to spend alot of money in him rather thrn invest that money on Murray, which had he done would of suited our play alot more, and I think we would probably be top with a striker like Murray.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Gus was just a little naive when he signed CMS. He chose to spend alot of money in him rather thrn invest that money on Murray, which had he done would of suited our play alot more, and I think we would probably be top with a striker like Murray.

I think that unlikely. We'd be in the Premiership by now.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
While Blackpool manage to get some bloke on loan from Bournemouth and he scores no trouble. I can't believe he's of much more quality than some of our squad.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I think that unlikely. We'd be in the Premiership by now.

I don't think we would, I thought we were punching above our wait last season, this season I think we solved all our problems, except the problem we caused when he chose CMS over Murray, who, lets face it, is EXACTLY what we are missing. If we had him, we would of taken so many more chances and have so many more points, he is the difference between where we are and top of the league.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
He's the one spending all f***ing summer dicking around in the transfer market and failing to get a player in the one position it was obvious to anyone that we lacked. He's the one who spent all summer banging on about target men, a special signing, a striker, and then he signed the crap, midget on transfer deadline day and leaves him on the bench.

It's himself he should be angry with, and I that's without mentioning his massive cock-up the previous summer.

A very good post. All points valid, and well made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here