Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus and his "Big decisions"

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
I can tell you now we will sign a striker in January I have a source on the board at the club and tony bloom is giving gus the funds to get us in the premier league this season, don't ask who my source is cos I won't say but just believe me when I say this is happening.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Tony Bloom sold the story to a friend of mine a couple of months ago that money was available to make a push for promotion. Hopefully he'll have enough at his disposal to get the sort of titan we all want. But if not then boo, hiss, i'm up in arms, everyone's a spastic, why does nobody like me, listen to my bitter words, blah blah jesus wept blah blah, spunk.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I can tell you now we will sign a striker in January I have a source on the board at the club and tony bloom is giving gus the funds to get us in the premier league this season, don't ask who my source is cos I won't say but just believe me when I say this is happening.
Who's the Source?
I heard TB won LOADS on the postcode lottery, and that he's using the cash for funds to buy a new striker. ???

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He's the one spending all f***ing summer dicking around in the transfer market and failing to get a player in the one position it was obvious to anyone that we lacked. He's the one who spent all summer banging on about target men, a special signing, a striker, and then he signed the crap, midget on transfer deadline day and leaves him on the bench.

It's himself he should be angry with, and I that's without mentioning his massive cock-up the previous summer.

I have to say I agree. Lets hope he finally gets it sorted in January and we don't have the excuses coming out again come February.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Can everyone wind their f***ing necks in!!! We have played great football and at times been very unlucky not to score a bucket load (hit the woodwork 3 or 4 times against Bolton) at other times we have lack the quality to finish. This may all be true but watching our team play the beautiful game in a fantastic stadium still fills me with pride. Yes we need another striker (more consistent finisher) and another centre back but enjoy the ride. I am sure we will be in the prem before long,

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It will come right for sure.

I will whisper this quietly but take out our defeat to the nigels and they are not on a particular great run and they threw away a two goal lead. They also have two team breathing down there necks.

Yeah. I had noticed that. We all know it will be different when we play them at the Amex. They will have lost their threats by then I'm guessing.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Don't talk shit. Why wait til now? Their have been quite a few times when TB could have pushed the button and brought in " the one " why wait until January with a decent points gap opening up above us?

Consolidate and grow is the path we're on.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Tony Bloom sold the story to a friend of mine a couple of months ago that money was available to make a push for promotion. Hopefully he'll have enough at his disposal to get the sort of titan we all want. But if not then boo, hiss, i'm up in arms, everyone's a spastic, why does nobody like me, listen to my bitter words, blah blah jesus wept blah blah, spunk.

I think you've just made my day with this post. Thank you :)

Feb 14, 2010
The biggest decision Gus has got right, that is how to play football. By keeping the ball, the other don't have it and it should not be lost on the "knock it long" fans that England have won sod all since 1966, Spain are superb and Barca have won everything there is to win. Where Gus has failed is his forwards. They are simply not at good as Murray who we failed to keep but then spent £Millions on CMS. However, nobody gets everything right and Poyet will try again and try and find a decent strike force. I back him to get it right but I also question whether we should spend big in January. close season is the better time to make big decisions on players. Having said that, if he gets someone in who can finish then we might just might get up this season.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

I believe you, and Gus's frustrated interviews say to me that things aren't happening fast enough for his and Tone's liking.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Reading the official website interview, Mr Poyet seems very agitated indeed.
We've heard it all before but he seems to be closer to a striker that "costs a lot, but we are doing out business"
He sounds most upset with his forward line, not putting chances away after dominating play. Nothing new I know, but its the most upset I've heard him.
And another hint at further dropping our current style of play, "it doesn't matter how you play if you don't win".
He also seemed gutted for the fans infront of yesterday's massive attendance that they couldn't win for the fans, again having a pop at his forwards. Very angry Gus indeed

He takes the credit, he also needs to take the blame

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
He's the one spending all f***ing summer dicking around in the transfer market and failing to get a player in the one position it was obvious to anyone that we lacked. He's the one who spent all summer banging on about target men, a special signing, a striker, and then he signed the crap, midget on transfer deadline day and leaves him on the bench.

It's himself he should be angry with, and I that's without mentioning his massive cock-up the previous summer.

Basically agree with this.He bought most of the current team,spent zillions on CMS,said he would build the team around him etc.etc.
In fact we are doing O.K.,but IMHO are quite some way from looking like a team that could get promotion,let alone stay there.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Too late for this season

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
When you see how many Championship clubs have signed quality strikers on loan since September it makes you wonder what is going on and why we haven't ?

Simples. I don't think Gus really wants a new striker or that he believes we need one, irrespective of what is being said publicly. If we were looking for a striker, we'd have one by now. That said, I'm not sure I'd trust Gus to sign a striker in any case. His record in this area is not very good.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
I believe you. I also believe in the tooth fairy, father Christmas and Desmond Tutu.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
3 points outside the play-offs? Yeah, way too late..

Tit.

You're right. It isn't too late to mount a promotion challenge this year but an additional striker, and a very good one, is an absolute must. In terms of his creditability at the club, I would suggest that Gus' next signing needs to be spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here