Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gullys Gang Open Day

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I accept some of the moans on here but if you were organised and patient then it was a good morning for the kids. We arrived at 9:30 and got seats in the North stand. As it was a warm day we took plenty of drinks as any responsible parent should when taking children outside on a hot and sunny day. It doesn't take a couple of minutes to stop at a shop on the way over or to bring a drink from home. I'm also amazed at the amount of people who didn't take any sun cream for their kids.

It was obvious that kids weren't going to get autographs from all the players given the number of people there but my boy and his friends managed to get about a dozen players to sign their shirts along the length of the north stand. They didn't push their way to the front, they didn't have a parent forcing themselves forward to grab the players (unlike some parents who should be ashamed of their own behaviour). They waited politely and then, once they got an autograph, moved along to the next queue.

As for Jack the Lad, I'm not a fan of him on the radio but he did a good job in keeping the kids interest when, to be honest, watching a training session isn't much fun for little ones. Also, while those in the family stand had various gullys girls and the bouncy castle etc to keep them amused, JtL was walking along the front of the North stand having a laugh and a joke with the kids.

One comment about the day - someone in front of me mentioned that it was disappointing that they wouldn't be able to get all the autographs to one of the club staff that were there. The person was told that the open day was more about letting people see a training session than as a meet and greet. They were told that if they wanted autographs then the xmas parties were the place to do that as there was more time and numbers are controlled. Maybe that message should have been given out as part of the invitations to manage the expectation of kids and parents.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
And captain to boot, Gus must be well proud but a little peed its against his country!

Ok ,it must have got lost in translation!.I'm sure he said it was in France,but might be wrong.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
For a start ANY kid or adult in a top other than Brighton should be REFUSED entry. f*** off. Come back when you are either wearing OTHER clothes or something with the Albion on.

Indeed, I find this more offensive than the original post. How dare people turn up in other clubs shirts, f*cking cheek, it really winds me up.

We should start a campaign to stop this kind of shit. If you see one at Falmer let them know what you think!

Draconian measures and all that!!

:mad:

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Indeed, I find this more offensive than the original post. How dare people turn up in other clubs shirts, f*cking cheek, it really winds me up.

We should start a campaign to stop this kind of shit. If you see one at Falmer let them know what you think!

Draconian measures and all that!!

:mad:

Really don't get why anyone would wear one. I mean, even if you're a Chelsea fan taking your kids along, why not just wear a something plain?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The club underestimated the season ticket take up and paniced into try to get every child in Sussex interested by wrongly making membership free to all and sundry.

Both the easter training event and christmas party were much much better when parants had to make the effort and sign up and PAY for membership.

And for club shirts for any other club other than the Albion is disgraceful.

The club underestimated the season ticket take up and paniced into try to get every child in Sussex interested by wrongly making membership free to all and sundry.

Both the easter training event and christmas party were much much better when parants had to make the effort and sign up and PAY for membership.

And for club shirts for any other club other than the Albion is disgraceful.

not sure what's going on here, It's a disgrace that a kid would wear a non Albion shirt, so to encourage them to start supporting the club they (or their parents) should have to pay to join it's junior supporters club, erm... that'll work(!)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
not sure what's going on here, It's a disgrace that a kid would wear a non Albion shirt, so to encourage them to start supporting the club they (or their parents) should have to pay to join it's junior supporters club, erm... that'll work(!)

it worked very very well in the past, you never saw a non albion shirt when the Junior Seagulls was a subscription group

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Really don't get why anyone would wear one. I mean, even if you're a Chelsea fan taking your kids along, why not just wear a something plain?

Precisely. Trouble is these PLASTICS (for thats what they are) are wearing their MASSIVE clubs shirt to little Brightons open day. They probably have a mug and maybe a scarf as well and their subscription to Sky Sports and ESPN, maybe also go to the pub sometimes as well to watch "their" team.

Or they are the middle class tossers "well its football isnt it" Im going to wear my football shirt. Come on you Arsenal blues types. Why isnt Beckham playing for Man Utd? etc etc

No it isnt. f*** OFF.

I wouldnt dream of wearing another teams football shirt to something arranged by another club. Its just not the done thing.

*unless it was a fans utd day or somesuch.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
While I agree wholeheartedly about people wearing other team's shirts. It's a bit like wearing a snow suit to the beach.

HOWEVER I thought one of the most impressive things was actually the huge number of kids in Brighton shirts.

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003

I agree with this.

Events like these are much harder to organise efficiently now there has been a dramatic increase in membership (partially due to on field success but mostly as stated above because membership is now free instead of £10).

The club can't have known how many people were likely to attend as no reply to the invitation was required. That must make planning the event almost impossible in terms of catering / seating etc.

I don't want to knock something that the club puts on as a goodwill gesture but as Gazwag says when you've been to Christmas Parties and Withdean open days in the "good old days" the current experience is vastly inferior (victims of our own success) and not one I'll be in a hurry to attend again.

For those that still managed to enjoy themselves, good luck to you, it's just not for me and my boys anymore.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Precisely. Trouble is these PLASTICS (for thats what they are) are wearing their MASSIVE clubs shirt to little Brightons open day. They probably have a mug and maybe a scarf as well and their subscription to Sky Sports and ESPN, maybe also go to the pub sometimes as well to watch "their" team.

Or they are the middle class tossers "well its football isnt it" Im going to wear my football shirt. Come on you Arsenal blues types. Why isnt Beckham playing for Man Utd? etc etc

No it isnt. f*** OFF.

I wouldnt dream of wearing another teams football shirt to something arranged by another club. Its just not the done thing.

*unless it was a fans utd day or somesuch.

This.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As Gully's Gang appears to be 'under 12' i'm assuming I cn register my 10 day old bubba?! Result.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
As Gully's Gang appears to be 'under 12' i'm assuming I cn register my 10 day old bubba?! Result.

10 days old and not registered yet - what's wrong with you, get your priorities right:amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here