Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess who I met today?

BBC - Homes - TV and radio - A to C

Billy Byrne

Billy is a well-loved member of the DIY SOS team, who learnt his trade as an electrician in the 1960s, but then went into lighting for films and TV (in fact he still does the lighting for other BBC productions such as Holby City). An original DIY SOS member, he’s the clown of the team.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
BBC - Homes - TV and radio - A to C

Billy Byrne

Billy is a well-loved member of the DIY SOS team, who learnt his trade as an electrician in the 1960s, but then went into lighting for films and TV (in fact he still does the lighting for other BBC productions such as Holby City). An original DIY SOS member, he’s the clown of the team.
Fair play to you LB (good Welsh phrase that) that was one hell of a spot, since 99.98% of the population wouldn't know him from Adam....well done:clap:

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
Thats not fair. He`s not famous enough to guess just because he has been on the tele. I`ve been on the tele as well but that does not make me famous though I suppose I could have been if anyone had rung in when I was on and told Nick Ross my name.

Thats not fair. He`s not famous enough to guess just because he has been on the tele. I`ve been on the tele as well but that does not make me famous though I suppose I could have been if anyone had rung in when I was on and told Nick Ross my name.

There have been 18 series of DIY SOS (145 half hour shows since 1999). The show regularly gets 8 million viewers and is claimed to be the most popular factual programme on UK television.

I grant you that doesn't make one of the regulars instantly recognisable. That was my point. I met him, thought his face looked familiar, and it took FOUR HOURS to work out who he was.

Nice guy, though.

Why did I suspect that Ed had just looked in the mirror?:)

Fits all these criteria.

One of those odd things. This morning I found myself chatting to a geezer whose face was very familiar. He was very friendly and gave every impression that we had known each other for years. But I couldn't put a name to him. I just assumed he must be an Albion fan who I had probably met in the queue for a burger at Withdean.

But I couldn't remember his name.

Now the penny's dropped. He's that bloke off the telly. And a very nice man.

Guess who.

Roz took his photo - but that remains hidden for the moment.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I had a few beers with the bloke.
I didn't know who he was before.
I have no idea who is is now.
LB is right though. Decent fella.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here