Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess the ground - UK

There's no need to make a new post if you omit something; you can edit it up to 59 mins from the time of the post. Also, you can avoid reproducing the pic in a reply by highlighting the link on the post quote and deleting it.

That is a lovely, neat little ground, but I think that £12 for standing there is a little steep for that level of football.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Here's one for all the clever folk to hazard a guess at:

_44018243_gc416.jpg

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Gloucester City play in the Blue Square North. They went on the road following the floods in 07, had one year playing home games at Forest Green, then two seasons at Cirencester, they are now in their second sharing with Cheltenham. I think there are plans for them to return to the old ground, but to carry out work to ensure that they don't suffer a repeat of what happened before, but as they are on the flood plain for one of the country's major rivers it might mean building the ground on stilts or just raising it by about three or four metres.

As for the graffiti, the ground is in a part of town that even vandals leave alone, conveniently located for the local dump...it flipping stinks down there.

... as they are on the flood plain for one of the country's major rivers it might mean building the ground on stilts or just raising it by about three or four metres.
That first pic shows a depth of only about 2.3m; surely it doesn't matter if the pitch and concrete get submerged occasionally? Can't they just rebuild the offices and changing rooms, maybe with the ground floor as garages? I know that is not ideal for the turnstile mechanisms or the catering units, but surely that is preferable to letting the ground rot?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That first pic shows a depth of only about 2.3m; surely it doesn't matter if the pitch and concrete get submerged occasionally? Can't they just rebuild the offices and changing rooms, maybe with the ground floor as garages? I know that is not ideal for the turnstile mechanisms or the catering units, but surely that is preferable to letting the ground rot?

There's something on wikipedia about raw sewage making it unfit for human population.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here