Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Sorry, it was #123
palace50.jpg

Stamford Bridge?

Stamford Bridge?
Nope.
Crystal Palace :censored: - looks like their old ground was way better than Selhurst
It is CP, but did they actually play there? Here's some more info:
Apparently this is a 1950 shot of the Crystal Palace, home of those pre-WW1 cup finals. Casuals had played amateur league football there in the 1920s and Corinthians carried on using the grounds until the big fire in 1936. Old Boys games - including the Arthur Dunn Cup final - were still played at the Palace in the 1950s. The site was then cleared for the building of the athletics stadium - and national sports centre - in the 1960s.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
This is Third Lanark Athletic Club and I had no idea that they were a Glasgow club, let alone that the ground still existed. There is a mass of info and pics here urbanglasgow.co.uk :: Cathkin Park and I've chosen one at their ground which has held 40,000. They finished third in the Scottish League as recently as 1961.
thirds_v_stmirren_5april1959_01.jpg

great pic,shame to see a dimise of a club like that,just goes to show how lucky we were

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I think Canvey Island FC is also about that distance, except below sea level! When we played there the tide was in and I had the unnerving experience of walking up the incline to find the sea lapping against the man-made steel defence wall.
attachment.php

notts,check this out,seriously close to the sea,they reckon you can get soaked there,even when it's not raining,if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction

reckon it must of changed direction at half time when they beat bon accord 36-0

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
As above, pretty sure Brammel Lane being built on the old cricket ground.

Was a 3 sided ground and I think I went there when it was so and certainly soon after the new stand opened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here