Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guaranteed Top 4 spot or doing the double over Palace?

Which would you rather?

• Guaranteed finish in one of the top 4 places

Votes: 152 86.4%
  • Doing the double over Palace

Votes: 24 13.6%

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
10-0, could you really imagine the trolling meltdown on NSC and the never ending gleefull chavs from Croydon. I would sooner have a top 4 than a palace double, but I think I'd sooner forfeit a top 4 rather than losing 10-0 to them cnuts (not that its going to happen)

True, but I'd be happy to take it if we were in the Premier League and they were in the Championship, or more likely League 1.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
10-0, could you really imagine the trolling meltdown on NSC and the never ending gleefull chavs from Croydon. I would sooner have a top 4 than a palace double, but I think I'd sooner forfeit a top 4 rather than losing 10-0 to them cnuts (not that its going to happen)

11-0 both games , but us going up and them going down = I'd take it but would avoid NSC for a couple of weeks after each game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd much rather we absolutely take the piss out of Palace for a few years. Let's rack up ten consecutive wins against them, let's record our own 5-0, let's absolutely embarrass them by finishing MILES ahead each season. That just sounds more fun to me.

That does sound quite fun, admittedly.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, going against the grain on this one.

It's the context and recent history. We have been a (much) smaller club than Palace for nearly 30 years, and I have been waiting for us to get back on an even footing for all that time. We haven't played much, and when we have we've lost mostly (and lost big in some cases).

Last September was one of the worst experiences of my football life, and it needs to be exorcised, expunged, whatever you want to call it in a way that will ONLY happen by beating them, not finishing above them.

This is a one-off situation, once it's sorted we can go back to sensible priorities.

So being greedy I say beat them twice, and go up from fifth via play-offs :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd love to do the double over Palace but as long as we finish above them again I'll get over draws or defeats against them We are now their cup final, dare I say we have bigger fish to fry?

The fact that when we were last big rivals I saw us lord it over them home and away quite a few times so I'm not as desperate for us to beat them as some of you who may never have seen a win against them. It used to really really matter to me, not so much anymore..sorry

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
They can beat us 10-0 for all I care, but if that means we're in a higher division the following season, I'd take that.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Result of the poll shows quite a difference between us and Palace fans who were insistent that they won the only games that mattered to them last season.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i don't think we will finish in the top 4 and i think we need to add another 2 or 3 if we want to finish in the top 4 and to beat the scum twice would make me very happy

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
More one sided than I expected - good old TCB, though.

Perhaps I should've made it Top 6.

Then I would have said Top6 rather than Top 4 :thumbsup: I can see what TCB says about wanting to beat Palace over a successive number of seasons but tbh I'd rather we just left them behind :)

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
pointless premise just as Palace are a pointless nonentity. Top 4 and promotion and never play them again in my lifetime

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here