Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GTA - Hows everybody getting on?

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
What a game! was stuck on the mission where you have to shoot down the bikers when big smoke is riding the bike. Got past that and just got onto the next island and have done the first mission there (killing the witness). I spent a while tryign to take terrority but then realised that you have to defend it after a while.

Have to agree I keep getting distracted, rather than doing missions I like doing drivebys, or seeing how long i can last with so many cops on me.

Currently behind my two mates, one has almost completed it whilst the other has just finished all the missions for Catalina and Truth (he'll be so pleased he doesn't need to do the missions for Zero, thats if i tell him :lolol: ) but can't et over the pure size of the game. Although Vice City was amazing, rockstar really have gone one better this time. This time next year I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing about san andreas's predecessor :clap2:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I'm also out in the country robbing places with Catalina. f***ing tough trying to outrun 4 stars worth of pigs after doing over the betting shop though.

How annoying is losing all that territory and income with the end of the LS missions? Just as I was onto a nice little earner with the various hoods I lose the lot and piss most of my cash away on two pointless safehouses thinking that in Vice City style they would open up new avenues of missions and income for me. They didn't and now I have two extra save points that I don't need. Grrrr.

Aside from gambling where do I start making the money?

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Do some of the trucking missions they pay fairly well.

Had another night of finding new stuff, best bit was stealing a JETPACK from Area 69 and getting my pilots license. Now I can fly around anywhere in it!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I did the basejumping last nice Scarface...excellent fun, except when I accidentally pulled the cord twice and plunged to my death. I also got meself a girlfriend after saving her from that burning house (although she seems blissfully unaware that it was ME who set fire to it after lobbing a few molotov cocktails through the windows). I took her to Clucking Bell for a nice chicken dinner, she LOVED it. Hoping to get my end away with her tonight.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Hilton said:
Where do you get the pilots license from? And also how do you go about robbing random peoples houses?
The pilots license is a mission in the third area. To rob houses get into the van opposite (south of) the gym betwen 20:00 and 6:00.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Easy 10 said:
I did the basejumping last nice Scarface...excellent fun, except when I accidentally pulled the cord twice and plunged to my death. I also got meself a girlfriend after saving her from that burning house (although she seems blissfully unaware that it was ME who set fire to it after lobbing a few molotov cocktails through the windows). I took her to Clucking Bell for a nice chicken dinner, she LOVED it. Hoping to get my end away with her tonight.
Whoops! :lolol: Stole a private jet and flew around getting chased and shot at by fighter jets! Took it way up above the clouds, got shot so jumped out and free fell for miles! then landed at a save point and avoided being killed! Great fun! :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I called for my girlfriend last night, but the f***ing bitch was out (probably shagging someone else no doubt, the SLAG). Anyway, I'm going to go round there again tonight and I'm thinking about hitting her. Has anyone else tried this ? What was the reaction ?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Easy 10 said:
I called for my girlfriend last night, but the f***ing bitch was out (probably shagging someone else no doubt, the SLAG). Anyway, I'm going to go round there again tonight and I'm thinking about hitting her. Has anyone else tried this ? What was the reaction ?

She don't like it, but she'll forgive you (eventually) I recommend a cycle of beating/flowers/dildo

You can also shoot her a lot if she bores you shitless (or wants to go to IKEA)

Last edited:

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
I have one more mission to do with Catalina butit won't let me! It keeps freezing and a black screen with white writing saying "error reading grand theft auto: san andreas disc" a friend of mine had the same and had to return his. It keeps freezing at the same point in the mission, I persume it is the disc. Anyone with the knowhow or anyone whos had this know what to do and is there anything I can do other than return the game :nono:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
It may also be the PS/2 - some models have bad BIOS's that make certain games unusable

Also, if the PS/2 has been chipped, then its the game detecting that, possibly...

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
wrexhamgnasher said:
I have one more mission to do with Catalina butit won't let me! It keeps freezing and a black screen with white writing saying "error reading grand theft auto: san andreas disc" a friend of mine had the same and had to return his. It keeps freezing at the same point in the mission, I persume it is the disc. Anyone with the knowhow or anyone whos had this know what to do and is there anything I can do other than return the game :nono:

Take it back to the car boot sale where you got it from.

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
MYOB said:
It may also be the PS/2 - some models have bad BIOS's that make certain games unusable

Also, if the PS/2 has been chipped, then its the game detecting that, possibly...

Someone did mention the memory of San Andreas and that it may affect the PS2. It isn't chipped and I got it off amazon, I'll give them a ring a bit later but its fustrating because this is the only mission I can do and it keeps freezing on it :angry:

Kev the Ape

*SPOILER*

I am about to kill Jizzy but i got to jump of the Red Bridge of San fierro into a window, cant wait to do this mission see how many times i can die.:clap2:

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Kev the Ape said:
*SPOILER*

I am about to kill Jizzy but i got to jump of the Red Bridge of San fierro into a window, cant wait to do this mission see how many times i can die.:clap2:
Why dont you just climb up the scaffolding next to the bridge instead?!
Completed the main story mode last night, wont give away the ending but the last mission is rediculously long! :clap2:

See if you can guess which character is voiced by Shaun Ryder!

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Completed the story-line missions last night. The final 2 missions are right bastards. I think it was luck rather than judgement that saw me through to the end. I'm usually rubbish at those rail-shooting bits.

Love Shaun Ryders character and his little "social" problem.

Now i've just got to do the game 100%.

Then I might just go and do it all again.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Now i've just got to do the game 100%.
Would it be cheating to get the guide I doubt I will get 100% otherwise! Didnt want to get it to help with the missions but I cant be arsed to drive around looking for all the tags, photo opportunities, horseshoes, oysters, unique jumps and all of the other side missions! :eek:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I'm using guides of the internet for tags, oysters and stuff. I've got all the horseshoes and there's no way I would have found all 50 without a guide.

It's also good to know the things you DON'T need for 100%.

You don't have to take over all the gang territories, date all the girlfriends, do unique jumps or win the endurance races.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
couple of tips:

for those stuck on the POXY beach party mission (took me dozens of attempts), use it to your advantage - those attending are carrying MP5 SMG, so when you fail, lob a few grenades into the crowd to pick up a few every time. This will cause you to get a few stars, but theres a spray shop just north of the beach.

Catalina's Betting shop heist, only use 2 satchel packs, one on the door, one on the safe. This will cause you only 2 wanted stars.

Desert Eagle is the DADDY. one shot will kill anyone, which more than makes up for the slower rate of fire. Theres one on the beach southesat of the start, where the beach meets the docks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here