Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

grrr....student finance department of b+h council

Oct 25, 2003
well pissed off

basically the student finance dept of the council haven't processed my student loan because:

a) the person who does S's was on holiday, so no-one did anything about it

b)some of the info we entered "was not processed" and they just did nothing about it, they needed it from me, but didn't tell me

thanks, not gonna get it for two weeks now...start uni next week

thanks very much, my first two weeks of uni are going to be penniless ones

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
tommy boy said:

They're just trying to prepare you for the next 3 years :lolol:

Oct 25, 2003
Re: Re: grrr....student finance department of b+h council

Rangdo said:
They're just trying to prepare you for the next 3 years :lolol:

:lolol:

just hope that newcastle uni aren't gonna ask me for any money before it comes through:)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
At student union prices you'll probably need a fiver for beer for the next 2 weeks.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Local authorities have been ballsing this sort of thing up for years now. B&H council certainly did in 1999, when I first applied for mine.

The universities are used to it so they won't ask you for the money straight away.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
tommy boy said:
more worried about my tuition fees and stuff:D

Now thats not the student spirit.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
tommy boy said:
well pissed off

basically the student finance dept of the council haven't processed my student loan because:

a) the person who does S's was on holiday, so no-one did anything about it

b)some of the info we entered "was not processed" and they just did nothing about it, they needed it from me, but didn't tell me

thanks, not gonna get it for two weeks now...start uni next week

Chichester are just as shit and I had the same thing in my first year. Go see the finanace office on your first day and they should sort you out a loan that you pay back as soon as your student loan comes in.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BarrelofFun said:
They are useless. They gave me about £12k and now they expect it back!! Why didn't they tell me that when they gave it to me!! :angry: :jester:

They did that to me too. We should start a petition or something.

Having seen the failings of the Awards section at ESCC at close quarters, I'm not going to defend them.

All I would say is that some twelve or so years back, they were actually working to a target that aimed to have them OPEN the letters they received no later than SIX WEEKS after they arrived.

Dealing with them took even longer.

So things could be worse.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
seagully said:
Lewes ALWAYS screw mine up. I've been at uni for four years and my loan's been late every year.

:angry:

While it would be lovely to blame Lewes council for something else shit, it's a bit tricky here. Student loanery is dealt with by local education authorities, which in Lewes is East Sussex County Council and not Lewes DC. Sorry.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
While it would be lovely to blame Lewes council for something else shit, it's a bit tricky here. Student loanery is dealt with by local education authorities, which in Lewes is East Sussex County Council and not Lewes DC. Sorry.
In fairness, Les Bien referred to "Chichester" - meaning WSCC. I'm sure seagully knew he meant ESCC when he said "Lewes".

The ESCC office is, after all, based in Lewes.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here