Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The automatic wine bottle opener
Gadget1.gif
Magnificent design, it's beauty is in it's simplicity. Ideal for all those weeds out there who can't use a man's corkscrew or who prefer there wine to remain in the bottle rather than the whole lot smashed on the floor.
pic_john_mccririck.jpg
Out of the Stumpy stable, not much interest shown in this one as yet. Don't write it off though, this group is wide open. To win the group 9/4

The talking Toilet roll holder
Gadget1.gif
Wowsers! Ideal for the party host with a sense of humour, this baby actually talks as you wipe your arse. Genius!
pic_john_mccririck.jpg
The tinx camp may have pitched this to perfection. Superbly crafted and a tremendous acquisition. :thumbsup: To win the group 6/4F

Ipod
Gadget1.gif
Go go gadget Ipod! Very mainstream so you can't argue there - proven potential. I might even attach one to my hat that turns into helicopter blades.
pic_john_mccririck.jpg
A nice piece of kit but is it too mainstream, scaring off the gadget traditionalist vote? And are there better versions around? ??? NSC will decide... To win the group 5/2

The Infra-red dimmer switches
Gadget1.gif
Sound grrrreeat! I'll ask Penny to get me one for my next gadget birthday. Perfect for fat lazy lard arses the world over. Like Barnet.
pic_john_mccririck.jpg
The lack of evidence could mean an early exit. Rumour has it the Barnet stable are grooming this for the equivalent tournament at Fratton where the chav vote is likely to be significantly more prominent.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'm voting for Barnet's remote dimmer switch. My mate has just put one in his gaff. The power to control light using the TV remote...marvellous!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Has to be the toilet roll holder, seeing as I put it forward.

BT86578_1.gif

Talking TP comes in very handy to remind the kids to wash their hands as well as aplogising for the bad smell you have left behind.

Hilarious way to surprise your friends!

The Talking TP has a recordable chip. You can record any message for the next person that uses the crapper. Toilet humour at it's very best. Ideal Christmas present or just for a laugh at the work place cubicle.

The Talking TP is so funny you will have all your family, friends and work colleagues in stitches

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hmmm...I'm going to do some strategic voting here. Don't really want to see my Husky Soccerkule Football-Shaped Portable Beer Fridge up against an Ipod in the later rounds if it gets through the group.

The automatic wine opener gets my vote.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Hmmm..

This is tough. I'm going to use the "Innovations" method of scoring for this tournament, probably the most reliable method for gadget tournaments hosted on internet message boards.

Each gadget will be rated according to the likelihood of it appearing in one of those "Innovations" catalogues you used to get in the sunday papers. Then it's potential price in the catalogue will be determined, the more expensive the better. Finally each gadget must pass a "usefulness" test. A gadget will receive a lower mark if it actually is of some use. The more frivolous the item, the higher the score.

So for Group 1

1) Talking Toilet Roll Holder
2) Automatic Wine Bottle Opener
3) Infra-Red Dimmer Switch
4) iPod

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This is a particularly poor group - none of these have the slightest chance of winning... my vote goes to the fantastically useless talking toilet roll holder.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
VLIC1401thumb.jpg

These are the fellas.

Proper class I tell ya.

ARILIGHT REMOTE CONTROL INFRA RED DIMMER
A revolutionary new range of touch and remote control dimmer switches.
A touch sensitive button in the centre of the plate and a tiny lens in the centre of the button so as to not spoil the overall look of the product.
You can dim the lights using touch control or remotely.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
iPod?!? PAH...over rated MAC Junk!

Dimmer switches all the way baby :thumbsup:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
They ain't over-rated. iPod gets my vote.

You're all just playa-hating... :lolol:

Jul 20, 2003
Barnet Seagull said:
A touch sensitive button ...........

as opposed to a button that doesn't respond to touch .........hmm

I'm holding fire on my vote whilst I ponder this one some more .......

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Pretty damn tight stuff in Group 1 :eek:

Lush

Mods' Pet
I've got a remote control dimmer switch.

It was specially installed so that when you start watching telly and it gets dark, then you turn the TV off so you can't see a dicky bird, you can turn the light on without bumping into every coffee table and lampstand on the way, Clever eh?

However it's a bugger to get to stop at the right amount of dimness. So I'm voting for the iPod even though I still haven't used mine and I've had it three months.

Jul 20, 2003
Lush said:

However it's a bugger to get to stop at the right amount of dimness. So I'm voting for the iPod even though I still haven't used mine and I've had it three months.

DAMN

I just voted 'dimmer'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here