Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grounds which have appeared in film and TV progs

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't they use Selhurst or White Hart Lane for Footballers' Wives?

Being careful not to admit to watching it too closely...

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
I do! With craggy Scots coach called Willie Young who came out with the classic quote "That's football!" Every week. Cherie was class as the 'Ress.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Seagullmatt said:
What ground was used for the Manageress? Does anybody actually remember this program?

yeah that was the fit bird from kenco coffee ad..cherie lunghi believe that was birmingham

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
alf garnett filmed at upton park in the mid seventies because in the programme he was a west ham supporter. problem for the programme makers was that as warren mitchell the good north london spurs fan that he actually was, that his reception was less than friendly! if i remember rightly the film was heavily trimmed to make it look very different!!

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I think Roker Park was used in ID, in the scene where opposition fans throw darts at the Shadwell fans. Have a feeling that the Den was used as the home ground of Shadwell.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Loftus Road - Budgie (a series co-written partly by Terry Venables and starring Adam Faith!)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
renford rejects- one episode at stamford bridge

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
The Goldstone was used for a video for Slade, I think, in season 77/78. Don't know how much of the ground & fans was actually shown though, but do remember them appearing in front of North Stand before one game on stage.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
bhaexpress said:
The New Den for Dream Team. Selhurst Park was used in The Firm, a BBC play with Gary Oldman about football holigans.

I got that on dvd recently, i was wondering what ground that was!

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
Loftus Road (again) - Boys from the Bush. A program about a QPR fan who emigrated to Australia in the 60's but still didn't fit in in the late 80's. In one episode he made a pilgramige to Loftus Road.

(Usless information - Main character played by Dennis Healy who is a Newcastle fan.)

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
You can see aston gate in the distance in an episode of only fools and horses, in the one with all he riots, there is a view from the towerblock and aston gate can breifley be seen

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Seagullmatt said:
[
(Usless information - Main character played by Dennis Healy who is a Newcastle fan.) [/B]

Er, I think you mean Tim Healy who played Dennis in Auf Wiedersehen Pet as opposed to the former Chancellor of the Exchequer with comedy eyebrows!:lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here