Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grizzly to leave Sussex!!!!!!!!!!!

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
The Complete Badger said:
Has Maddy actually signed for someone else then? Warwickshire I presume?

If so then I guess he and Jefferson are ones we have missed out on, but who is the third? I agree you can't count Arafat, as Rana coming back can hardly weaken us!

Yes Darren Maddy has joined Warwickshire.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The Complete Badger said:
Has Maddy actually signed for someone else then? Warwickshire I presume?

If so then I guess he and Jefferson are ones we have missed out on, but who is the third? I agree you can't count Arafat, as Rana coming back can hardly weaken us!

Not sure Maddy has signed for Warwicks, but from what I can work out his other half works and wants to stay in the Midlands area.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Adams leaving will be good news in the long run...

The biggest threat to Sussex continuing to nurture and harvest the Moores legacy was Adams being over-promoted

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
We have missed out on Jefferson, Maddy and Moeen Ali (who went to worcs).

Bit of a worry that we cant attract these players even after winning the double.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
lovelyboy said:
We have missed out on Jefferson, Maddy and Moeen Ali (who went to worcs).

Bit of a worry that we cant attract these players even after winning the double.

Not really a case of attracting them. Ali went to play with his brother, Maddy doesn't want to move and Jefferson was obviously offered a better package than we can. Sussex still operate under a strict budget and Robinson has come out on many occasions saying he will not break the budget for aynbody.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Chris Adams speculation
Club issue statement regarding stories

Regarding the recent press reports on the future of Chris Adams at Sussex County Cricket Club the club can confirm that for the past month we have been negotiating with Chris on an extension to his current contract.

We have today made another offer for a years extension taking him to the end of the 2008 season within an enhancement on the terms of his current contract. We have also offered him an option to play on further by negotiation.

As a result of our discussions with Chris we are aware that he has a strong desire to move into cricket management in the future and at the moment it is unfortunate that Sussex does not have a vacancy in this area.

Chris Adams is a huge part of our club's success in the last few years both on and off the field and he is still contracted to play for us for another
season and we hope, beyond. Therefore any speculation on a move to another club is just that.

We are currently awaiting his decision on our latest offer.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
desprateseagull said:
if no formal approach made, isnt this tapping up? also, why havent SCCC done the decent thing, to keep their star player?

We do not have vast sums of money to throw about - we are one of/the smallest county in the LVCC1.

I think we owe it to Grizzly to let him decide what suits him, afterall he has been an integral part in our recent dominance. He wants a coaching role and that is not possible at Sussex.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Sussex statement

Sussex CCC with great regret would like to confirm that Chris Adams has asked to be released from his contract with the club. Chris Adams has given outstanding service to Sussex over the past nine years, winning six trophies including Sussex's first ever County Championship. With great sadness the club will consider granting his wish as we recognise the wonderful opportunity he has in going into the management side of cricket. :ohmy: :angry:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:wave: Grizzly. It has been a pleasure.

s1.jpg

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Thanks for the memories Chris ...

I guess we just can't compete with the big boys ... seems to be a general thread to all the teams that I support :nono:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Thanks for EVERYTHING Grizzly, you gave me my greatest (to date) Cricket memories along with the whole of Sussex Cricket Club.

I wish you ALL the success in the future, Later!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here