Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grizzly to leave Sussex!!!!!!!!!!!

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Im not to knowledgeable about county cricket in this country, but would it be fair to say that he was our greatest ever captain? winning the CC twice and The G&G trophy?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Chris Adams is a Sussex legend.

I remember after the first Championship win my mate and I saw him in the pub garden at the Hove ground, we asked if he'd be in a picture with us and he said yes but told us to hold on, then went inside the pub and got the trophy.

I now have a quality photo of the 3 of us with silverware. Top bloke.

larus

Pavilionaire said:
Chris Adams is a Sussex legend.

I remember after the first Championship win my mate and I saw him in the pub garden at the Hove ground, we asked if he'd be in a picture with us and he said yes but told us to hold on, then went inside the pub and got the trophy.

I now have a quality photo of the 3 of us with silverware. Top bloke.

That doesnt strike me as someone who thinks he's too much of a big shot. He had nothing to gain by getting the trophy for your photo.

He's done a great job. We should accept with gratitude the 9 years service, and wish him well for the future.

I would hope that Sussex will continue the policy of quality signings that they've demonstrated over the last few seasons.

Jul 20, 2003
gutted

f***ing gutted

cheers Grizz

what you've done couldn't have made me any happier unless I was gay, fancied you and got to screw your arse

:wave:

Jul 20, 2003
Sussex website down

all there is is the confirmation that he's been released

from Yorks site:

Adams, who played in five Test matches for England, has scored 18,000 runs in a highly successful First Class career. He remains a formidable batsman at both Championship and one-day level, and his experience would be of immense value for Yorkshire.

no shit Sherlockthwaite

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Thank you Chris for 9 brillant years. thank you for the Two County Championship, also thank you for one of the greatest days out of my life two months ago at Lords, a day I'll never forget.

Good luck in your new career of management and captain role at Yorkshire.

You will be sadly missed by one and all.

SUSSEX TILL I DIE. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Chris Adams= LEGEND. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He wasn't that good a captain. He never seemed to know when to declare. We'll be fine.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
dougdeep said:
He wasn't that good a captain. He never seemed to know when to declare. We'll be fine.
There's far more to captaincy than declarations. And I think you're only referring to one match.

What he brought to the team were things most of us didn't get to see. The most successful captain for Sussex ever, and that cannot be taken away from him. Having said that, I agree I think we will be fine.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I am absolutely gutted he's going.

But I do understand he's got to think about his career.

Can't wait to give him a huge welcome back when he visits with the Tykes.

Thanks Grizzly

:drink:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
There's far more to captaincy than declarations. And I think you're only referring to one match.

Debatable. There have been a few occasions in the last few seasons where Adams would bat for too long and not leave us enough time to skittle the opposition. Luckily these have not cost us too dearly. He has been our most successful captain ever and I wish him well.

I'm more worried about our middle order than losing him as captain really, I think Yardy will do a decent job. We need another strong character in there but for now I think we have a look at Nash as he seems to have decent technique and temperament.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here