Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grimsby Update

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We in all fairness are a mid table side and we will be in div 2 next season. The only thing that matters now is will it be with the Falmer application approved ? If not I dread to thing what the season ticket renewal will be. In fact does it matter as the club will wither and die.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We really are shite at the moment. I know that Falmer is a major distraction but only 1 point from 3 away games is awful form. I can't wait to get this season over. Not inclined to renew my season ticket the way things are going. Anyone else feel the same way at the moment?

:angry:

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Gareth Glover said:
We in all fairness are a mid table side and we will be in div 2 next season. The only thing that matters now is will it be with the Falmer application approved ? If not I dread to thing what the season ticket renewal will be. In fact does it matter as the club will wither and die.
The players still get paid good money and the falmer fight is not the players as they still have a job to do and are not helping by being a useless bunch of no-hopers.:shootself

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Couldn't really tell as the traffic drowned out the Radios :jester:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Depressing away result again, I guess it doesnt really matter if we were unlucky, we lost, plain and simple.

Why do we keep losing to so called lesser teams like this?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Scoffers said:
Depressing away result again, I guess it doesnt really matter if we were unlucky, we lost, plain and simple.

Why do we keep losing to so called lesser teams like this?

Simple, really. We're crap.

:jester:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
he push benji over after the ball went out for a corner. he was pushing him around a bit first. he had to go. only thing is i thought there was 5 mins left when he did this. only about 1 min played after the sending off though.:angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
graz126 said:
he push benji over after the ball went out for a corner. he was pushing him around a bit first. he had to go. only thing is i thought there was 5 mins left when he did this. only about 1 min played after the sending off though.:angry:

Just before he pushed Benji over it looked as though he had a hand almost round his throat.

Defnintely deserved to walk, and we did have at least 5 mins left.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
We are lucky that we're not involved in a D2 relegation battle, if McGhee doesn't turn things around, next season could be even more miserable than this one.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
perth seagull said:
We are lucky that we're not involved in a D2 relegation battle, if McGhee doesn't turn things around, next season could be even more miserable than this one.

Not aimed at you personally perth, but for goodness sake everyone, stop the hysteria.

Sheff Wed and Grimsby came down with us last season and they are in a relegation battle.

Grimsby were humiliated last week which obviously gave them a kick up the backside and they took it out on us (physically and footballing wise) Teams at the bottom of the table frequently do that sort of thing.

We haven't really been trounced this season (apart from Brentford) and we are only 4 points off 4th place.

We have lost over half of our team from last season either from transfers or injuries.

I think expectations are too high and so disappointments will always follow.

People look at Grimsby and expect us to beat them simply by turning up. Football is never like that and every game is different.
You never know what is going to happen on the day. Wind,rain, mud, non-league keepers, cowardly refs etc all play their part.

I know the division place shows overall the consistency of a team but as said above we don't have the team we used to have.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have said all season long ( well since Coppell left ) that we are at bit a mid table side. Infact the last 18 league games reads

Won 5
Drawn 4
Lost 9

Points 19

19 points from 18 games , that is relegation battle form we makes me laugh even louder when people on here are still deluding temselves about a trip to Cardiff in May ! :lol: .

Thank god we got 27 points from our first 13 games to go top of the league by 4 clear points or we could well have gone down this season.

The football has been dire all season apart from Sheff Weds, QPR home, Rushden away and Plymouth home.

The bottom line is WE ARE NOT A VERY GOOD SIDE. We have 4 div 1 players , a handful of competant div 2 players and a lot of dead wood.

Whats so bad wth staying in div 2 , consolidating. Sorting out the team in the summer and going for it again next season. The only question for me is, is NcGhee the right man to do it ?.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yorkie said:
Not aimed at you personally perth, but for goodness sake everyone, stop the hysteria.

Sheff Wed and Grimsby came down with us last season and they are in a relegation battle.

Grimsby were humiliated last week which obviously gave them a kick up the backside and they took it out on us (physically and footballing wise) Teams at the bottom of the table frequently do that sort of thing.

We haven't really been trounced this season (apart from Brentford) and we are only 4 points off 4th place.

We have lost over half of our team from last season either from transfers or injuries.

I think expectations are too high and so disappointments will always follow.

People look at Grimsby and expect us to beat them simply by turning up. Football is never like that and every game is different.
You never know what is going to happen on the day. Wind,rain, mud, non-league keepers, cowardly refs etc all play their part.

I know the division place shows overall the consistency of a team but as said above we don't have the team we used to have.

I wish I could be as level headed and optimistic as you Yorkie. How you do it amazes me. This Board would be a depressing place without your upbeat comments. Just wish I could share your optimism.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Btw Filthy and dover97, will you let Krispies know that I have dried out his banner and will be bringing it down south with me to Withdean.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just seen that goal.

Bloody cheating bastards that was never a goal - crap refereeing decision

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Just the question I was about to ask. What difference does it make if the ball was in play or not? It was an offence inside the box and should result in a penalty.

Their second goal should never have been allowed to stand. It was a disgraceful decision, and should have been a free kick.

Hurray

Now will people stop saying how rubbish we were yesterday and think about the things that have gone against us. It's not all down to the team or the manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here