Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grimsby Update

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
ref cannot change his desicion. give us a corner then say no actually it is a penalty. unless the corner taker has the quick thinking to cross the ball while this scuffling is happening. but then the ref shouldnt stop the corner while this is all happening and just give us a penalty anyway.:lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
As a qualified Ref I assure you, Refs CAN change there decision. However, the incident happend after the corner was given. So no decision change needed. The ball was not in play. So it wasn't a penalty.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'm not really sure about the ball being out of play ruling. Where's Referee87 when you need him?

'You don't know what you're doing' really applied to this ref for the last part of the game although to be fair, up to the second goal he had had a good game.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
what i mean by not changing his desicion is what you pointed out turkey. he had already given the corner. as that happened before the pushing then he couldnt just give us the penalty. unless corner kicker took the kick 1st.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Turkey said:
As a qualified Ref I assure you, Refs CAN change there decision.

Because didn’t the ref change his mind in a European match up at Anfield, where originally pointed for a corner but then gave Liverpool a penalty, but I forget who it was against, think it was either Roma or Barcelona.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Didn’t go to the match, so I cannot comment on the performance. But it was certainly another disappointing result. And although I do think expectations are still a little high at present, even McGhee who should have a fairly good idea about what the players can do expected something like seven points compared to the one we actually collected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here