Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greyhounds

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Have to give my input as a syndicate member here too. One of the best decisions I've made. I've actually shocked myself how "in to it" I've actually got. My little boy loves going to watch the dogs run and sometimes even take him up to the kennels for an hour. It's brilliant following the dogs but what makes the syndicate so good is that we all get along and the work prawnsarnies (chairman) and Barry Izbak (treasurer) put in to make sure it all runs smoothly. The fact we all share a common interest of BHA and visit this forum ensures we all constantly informed and updated with what's happening with the dogs. Would definitely recommend to anyone interested. Also more than happy to answer questions on here.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Cheers John, didn't realise I'd been promoted to chairman, LOL, the pay is crap, seriously though thanks for that, I have had some good reaction and it looks like we have nearly 10 very interested, we are hoping to get some of the guys upto the track when ours run so they then can have a chat with our guys, good to see we managed to get 2 running for you on Saturday, hope to see you then.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Sounds good, I remember nearly getting involved first time round. can I get an idea of cost please?

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Yes Horton totally agree mate, I have a retired racer at home and she is a sweety, in fact shes a cheeky bugger, but everyone loves her.

Last edited:

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
hi mate ive owned dogs in past stopped cos of the cost i have a retired greyhound now , can i ask how much per month the payments and what trainer are the dogs with cheers

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Cheers John, didn't realise I'd been promoted to chairman, LOL, the pay is crap, seriously though thanks for that, I have had some good reaction and it looks like we have nearly 10 very interested, we are hoping to get some of the guys upto the track when ours run so they then can have a chat with our guys, good to see we managed to get 2 running for you on Saturday, hope to see you then.

Cheers for that Mark. Quite a few of my local footy club are going so should have a few there. Thought you were made chairman when Barry pulled out?! See you Saturday

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Over the past few months I have had people ask about joining the Northstand chat dogs syndicate, which regretably is closed to new members, if there was some interest from enough people a second syndicate could be started, the NSC syndicate has been going for nearly 2 years and we have now got 3 dogs running, the syndicate members have all become pretty close friends and it has become a good social thing for us.
If anyone is interested please PM me, ideally a minimum of 10 people are required, this keeps the cost down and is enough to purchase a good quality dog.

I would be interested in the half share scheme if someone else also wants to go down this road, thats if i'm allowed to be in both syndicates?

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Hans, Yes mate no reason why you can't be in both , one of the other guys from our syndicate wants in, I will keep you informed, don't suppose you will get down for a meet up soon?

Mark.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I don't know much about this, but I have two questions, apologies for my ignorance:

1) Why the need to PM the pricing details? Is there any harm allowing all to see?

2) Could you not add the 10 new members onto the same syndicate, and just have a larger group? What are the benefits to having a 2nd syndicate / negatives to expanding the original?

Cheers x

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Well Sam to answer your Questions, No harm to all seeing but only want the details to those that are really interested, the first syndicate is closed to new members, it was written into the rules from day one that it would be closed, there are No benefits to a second syndicate to anyone from the original one, I just thought I would help out some fellow Albion fans who may want to have some fun in something different, as I said, with the success of the first syndicate I had been appraoched by a few people about joining that syndicate as they are unable to do that the next best thing was to start a new one if we could get enough people, I have had a lot of people very interested and some already committed, and like all syndicates once those have agreed to join that will also be closed to new members, the trouble is people sometimes people sit on the fence and then when things start to go well they want to be part of it.
Hope this helps mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here