Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greyhound Syndicate - NSC attempt number 4!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Hi there everybody.

Tried this a few times over the past year with some interest from the good people of NSC, but not quite able to get enough people interested in forming the syndicate completely.

This time I aiming to get half-a-dozen or more people interested to form a greyhound syndicate to get a dog that races at Hove.

Initial investment required £100 to £150, then £8 a week on top for training, kenneling, and general costs.

If you're interested send me a PM with any questions that you may have, and I will answer them for you.

Currently I have two interested parties, one being me of course :thumbsup:

Let's see how this goes this time around ???

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Every time the greyhound races at Hove, the owner gets a minimun of £25. If it comes first or second, then as the owner you could receive anything up to £120.

A greyhound at Hove can normally be expected to run once a week, because of the amount of racing at the Neville Road stadium.

All monies won from the dog racing would be put into a central fund to cover the cost of training and kennelling. The Hove trainers charge roughly £45 per week to kennel, train, and transport your dog to the races.

If you bet on the Greyhound and it wins, all money would be yours. As a rule of thumb, Greyhounds are expected to win a race once every six times it runs, unless you have a Ballyreagen Bob :smokin:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
:bounce:

PMs replied to, for all those that have made enquires - two of you :cheers:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I've got a couple of questions:

Who owns the dog?
What if any benefits do we get as syndicate members (free entry to Hove that sort of thing)?
Is there a minimum commitment time/cash wise?
Should the dog be successful what happens if someone wants to leave the syndicate when there is a few quid in the winnings pot?

I may well be interested, it's not a massive outlay and it sounds like quite good fun!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
I've got a couple of questions:

Who owns the dog?
What if any benefits do we get as syndicate members (free entry to Hove that sort of thing)?
Is there a minimum commitment time/cash wise?
Should the dog be successful what happens if someone wants to leave the syndicate when there is a few quid in the winnings pot?

I may well be interested, it's not a massive outlay and it sounds like quite good fun!

Hi Arthur,

Some replies to your questions.

However many people form the syndicate, we would all have an equal share in the dog. There is no minimum commitment time wise. £150 or possibly slightly less would be the initial monies required, with a small weekly top-up amount, to help with the general costs for the upkeep of the Greyhound.

If someone wishes to leave the syndicate at anytime, their share should/could be offered to someone else in the syndicate, or anyone else that they wish to sell it to, for whatever pennies that they feel the share is worth. Any pennies in the general pot would be paid out pro-rata to the person that wishes to leave the syndicate.

As a syndicate, you receive four free passes per meeting to get in at Hove. Obviously that doesn't cover every meeting. You would have to pay to get in to the big events, unless your own dog is running.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Any other questions, just get in touch.

Cheers,
Seagulltonian

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's a good idea - big fan of the greyhounds, been more Wimbledon recently as that's closer but have considered part-ownership and Hove is a lot better value than London.

Arthur asked a lot of my questions. The others would be to check the costs, as that is still more than I thought at Hove - and also does the £8 a week stand regardless of injuries/vets bills, or could that see the costs spiral? Injuries are all too frequent with greyhounds.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I've got one question and one question only. What happens if the dog dies?!

Or injuries itself so badly that it can't run anymore and needs "rehoming"?

Attachments

• RehomingScheme.jpg
    RehomingScheme.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 122

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
Or injuries itself so badly that it can't run anymore and needs "rehoming"?

Precisely. I have a retired racing greyhound who was fortunate enough to have one of the more responsible owners. When he (the dog, that is!) broke his leg in a race it cost £1200 to put a metal plate in it. The majority of owners wouldn't have bothered, and it could have been curtains for him. Perhaps the people who are interested in becoming involved in this syndicate might ask themselves whether they'd be willing to shell out a share of such a bill in similar circumstances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here