Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I must admit I clapped him off, he's our captain, even if he got this wrong and went over the top I support him. He's been immense this season.
Just lost his head, shit happens. The woman behind me told me to stop, I told her I would clap whoever I liked (or words to that affect)

Where would you finally draw the line then?

Would you have worn one of those Suarez t-shirt if you were a 'pool player?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Where would you finally draw the line then?

Would you have worn one of those Suarez t-shirt if you were a 'pool player?

To answer this briefly NO I would not have worn one of those t-shirts. I would also fine him or whatever needs to be done, but
in the heat of the game I don't think its wrong to clap a player who's been sent off

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yeah was about to ask who people think will fill in as captain

I think that it should be Adam El Abd or Liam Bridcutt as both would lead by example. AEA showed what we have been missing in the heart oif the defence and that is not knocking Dunk who is not in the same class of efficiency as Adam but again due to lack of experience you wouldnt expect it. We looked a far better defensive unit with him winning the balls in the air and getting distance on his headers.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
It was such a stupid action by him that I think that he should be fined by the club and have the captaincy taken from him.
This.

Highly irresponsible actions from the Club Captain and Gus needs to put his foot down.

Our very poor disciplinary record needs to be sorted out..

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
I think that it should be Adam El Abd or Liam Bridcutt as both would lead by example. AEA showed what we have been missing in the heart oif the defence and that is not knocking Dunk who is not in the same class of efficiency as Adam but again due to lack of experience you wouldnt expect it. We looked a far better defensive unit with him winning the balls in the air and getting distance on his headers.
Spot on...

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Why? An off-the-ball elbow is pretty clear cut to me.

If they get seen by an official. There are players off the ball who push and shove each other that if seen, would be a free kick and a booking (maybe a red) and most games would finish with a handful of players left on the pitch if your lucky

Vincelot was unlucky as little incidents like his are unually never seen and Greer probably was trying to suss out where their player was when he caught him but their player made a big fuss of it and earnt Greer the red.

They were also a side who try to cheat their way to get decisions in their favour every game and usually they are fairly sucessful (constant diving in the earlier game against them at St Marys and often seen on Football League Show)

What about the incident with El-Abd in the first half which a lot of the North Stand saw where El-Abd claimed he was elbowed off the ball but it went unseen and unpunished. (the way our season is going, had it been the other way around it would have been seen by the officials an a red card shown just like the Vincelot incident against Burnley which still sounds like a harsh decision)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
What a let down by the captain. Thought he was immense again today my MOM with Buckley until the red.

He will, indeed, be a big loss....his passing out of defence is superb. Several times yesterday he played superb balls through the middle of the SCC defence. He is also (despite the tendency to elbow players in the face) a calming influence on others. Although fortunately players like Cook, Hall and Dunk all seem incredibly calm despite their youth.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Gus has to act fast. Fine him and strip him of the captaincy asap.
The man is a loose cannon, he has history of this and was serving a ban for violent conduct, when he joined us from Swindon. Lo and behold, he does exactly the same thing in his debut v Rochdale. That should have sent out big warning signals to Gus. And then, in the vital run-in last season, he does it again.
To get sent off yesterday, when the squad is already decimated by injuries and suspensions is unforgiveable.
I've had enough of the twat. He is hugely overrated. His performance at Coventry was shocking. He is as much to blame for some of our defensive frailties as the keepers.
I'd be more than happy not to see him in a Brighton shirt again.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Gus has to act fast. Fine him and strip him of the captaincy asap.
The man is a loose cannon, he has history of this and was serving a ban for violent conduct, when he joined us from Swindon. Lo and behold, he does exactly the same thing in his debut v Rochdale. That should have sent out big warning signals to Gus. And then, in the vital run-in last season, he does it again.
To get sent off yesterday, when the squad is already decimated by injuries and suspensions is unforgiveable.
I've had enough of the twat. He is hugely overrated. His performance at Coventry was shocking. He is as much to blame for some of our defensive frailties as the keepers.
I'd be more than happy not to see him in a Brighton shirt again.

Is this a wind up?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Is this a wind up?

In part maybe. I agree it was brainless. Greer will now have had 10 suspended games out of 83 since he joined us which is not great showing. All his sendings off for us have been elbows and lack of discipline issues rather than 'footballing' offences like strong tackling etc.

However if there was a time for it to happen then Dunk coming back from suspension, Cook back from loan. El Abd fit again and one of the games being a cup tie against Wrexham then it could have been a lot worse than now.

I have real problems balancing what he does in situations like this to the calm controlling player the rest of the time. The one who seems to calm the defence, help others around him etc.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
As good as GG has been this season I do hope he's fined a couple of weeks wages for that idiotic moment, it's not like we've many defenders to choose from right now is it?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
In part maybe. I agree it was brainless. Greer will now have had 10 suspended games out of 83 since he joined us which is not great showing. All his sendings off for us have been elbows and lack of discipline issues rather than 'footballing' offences like strong tackling etc.

However if there was a time for it to happen then Dunk coming back from suspension, Cook back from loan. El Abd fit again and one of the games being a cup tie against Wrexham then it could have been a lot worse than now.

I have real problems balancing what he does in situations like this to the calm controlling player the rest of the time. The one who seems to calm the defence, help others around him etc.

as trigger says , a weeks wages and a last warning , he is the club captain and our lack of discipline has boned us up the arse this season , to do what he apparently did yesterday , after putting the league leaders to bed is beyond stupid , even taking into account the fact that he is a jock , he needs to put that part of his persona in his locker half an hour before kick off and leave it there.......i had him in my texaco team until the burnley game , he has been a brilliant aquisition but he needs to take the stupid aggression out of his repertoire.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I most certainly did not clap him off the pitch. He was a twat. End of. As much respect as I do have for the man, he needs to earn that armband back again.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I have to say I was one of the ones clapping and so were the poeple round me purely because no of us saw what happened and had to idea what he had been sent off for. However having heard about it now (havn't seen it yet) I think he was really stupid and agree he should atleast temporarily be stripped of the captaincy.
Other than that I thought our disapline was much better yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here