Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer Signed - Official

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Club text

From seagulls.co.uk:

Albion have agreed a fee with Swindon Town for their captain and central defender Gordon Greer.

The club has also agreed personal terms with the 29-year-old Scot, and he is set to sign a three-year deal with Albion this Monday, subject to passing his medical.

Manager Gus Poyet tonight explained, "Everyone knows we were looking for an experienced centre-half, and Gordon is the type of player we wanted.

"He is an experienced defender, and had a very good season at Swindon, helping them reach the play-offs.

"I am looking forward to seeing him on Monday for his medical and to complete all the paperwork."

Glasgow-born Greer began his career with Clyde, where a string of impressive performances secured a move to Blackburn Rovers in 2001, with Graeme Souness paying £250,000 for his services.

After two years at Ewood Park, he returned to Scotland, joining SPL Kilmarnock, where he spent four years, before a Bosman move south to Doncaster Rovers.

He joined Swindon Town last summer on a free transfer after injury blighted his time with Rovers, and proved himself to be one of the top defenders in League One last season.

Just what we need!. still two players short in my opinion though, an experienced striker capable of scoring 20 goals plus a season, and maybe, (assuming Lua-Lua doesnt return), someone capable of playing wide left.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I like Cowfold as a place.Mind you i had one of the worse pub meals there.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
There is not a lot at Cowfold is there ?

It is essentially a crossroads isn't it ?

Tis true.It's one of those places you can miss with a blink of an eye.It has that quiet rural feel about it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Coach House or Hare & Hounds Algie?

Coach and Horses.The food was cold as well.I use to live in Warninglid.The meal i had was a few years back so things might have changed or i was just unlucky.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Let's be honest, the defence was pretty damn solid for the last 4 months (or so) of the season after the mere introduction of two quality full backs. Now we've bought in one of the best defensive organizers in the league to (presumably) play alongside a very promising CB in Elphick, having kept the two full backs - I think we can pretty pleased with what we've got at the back.

Agreed. I think Painter and Calde are the best signings we're gonna make this Summer as we don't know how the others will perform. At least with these 2 we know what we're getting - and they were quala last season...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Coach and Horses.The food was cold as well.I use to live in Warninglid.The meal i had was a few years back so things might have changed or i was just unlucky.

No believe me, nothing ever changes in Cowfold!, l avoid both pubs like the plague.

Talking about Warninglid takes me back, they used to have a great resturant there, closed donkeys years ago. The Riflemans Arms?, ran by a couple of Lebanese brothers, very nice, fancy prices though.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No believe me, nothing ever changes in Cowfold!, l avoid both pubs like the plague.

Talking about Warninglid takes me back, they used to have a great resturant there, closed donkeys years ago. The Riflemans Arms?, ran by a couple of Lebanese brothers, very nice, fancy prices though.

I moved in when that pub was coverted to a house so never got to visit it.It still has some of the pub features on the outside.The Half moon is now a resturant which does do very good food but pricey.An Irish bloke use to run it a few years back.It's a shame really as it is the only pub and it has lost that pub feel.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Agreed. I think Painter and Calde are the best signings we're gonna make this Summer as we don't know how the others will perform. At least with these 2 we know what we're getting - and they were quala last season...

Look this is no place for talking about signings you know, there are important matters at hand, like Cowfold and it's many pubs :yawn::bla:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Look this is no place for talking about signings you know, there are important matters at hand, like Cowfold and it's many pubs :yawn::bla:

yes why dont you pm each other.Then you can have a cosy little ole hat.How nice. :smile:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
lndeedy, Cowfold are beating our near neighbours Warninglid two pubs to one in the local derby at the moment.

Maybe beating my old village on pubs but not reputation.:clap2:The Wolves chairman owns the mansion in the village.You know the one...the one with the little bridge over the stream.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If Greer and Tunnicliffe play together at centre back, we will have a whole defence comfortable whilst on the ball. That would be BRILLIO for flicky flicky build up from the back

ps I used to play cricket for Cowfold Vilaage back in 2003ish

Just one minute problem there me thinks. Reading between the lines after Gus left out Tunny from the squad at Burgess Hill on Sat, he will be gone before the start of the season.

So who does that leave us with?, Elphick or El Abd?.

What do we think?, which of the two would work best alongside big Gordy?.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Just one minute problem there me thinks. Reading between the lines after Gus left out Tunny from the squad at Burgess Hill on Sat, he will be gone before the start of the season.

So who does that leave us with?, Elphick or El Abd?.

What do we think?, which of the two would work best alongside big Gordy?.

I'd go for Elphick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here