Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer quits Big Brother house

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brixtaan said:
People who dismiss it aren't looking at the big picture.How can you not be interested in seeing people you may have put on pedestals before having their character broken down to normal mundane everyday understandable levels.I think Bez is a god and I want to know why.

Absolutely. And absolutely riveting. McCririck's entire life has been defined by being terminally screwed-up by the English Public School system. He's patently being traumatised anew bigtime by his BB experience and it makes for genuinely disturbing viewing. Reckon they've f***ed with his head more seriously than is advisable anywhere near the watershed. The man's on the point of having a breakdown FFS. At the other extreme, Bez, everybody's loveable village idiot up til now is coming up as a totally best-mate good guy. Chilled beyond good and evil. I don't think 'god' is an exaggeration. Bez WAS the spirit of The Mondays, every bit as much as Shaun Ryder. Ditto Black Grape. Marvellous Mancs!

& As for CBB3 - stunning television in anybody's book. For those with eyes to see.

And yes. Yes I should get out more. MUCH more.

Last edited:

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Brixtaan said:
Bez was part and parcel of something that meant alot to me in my crucial development years.Sean Ryder would defend his input to the Mondays to the hilt.I need to know why

ps whats IACGMOOH ManOnThe Run?

Forgive me, I was trying to be down with the kids. I had assumed it was the recognised acronym for 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here' ... Which I thought you were referring to when you mentioned 'celeb jungle'.

As for the Mondays, I agree, only have to hear Wrote For Luck and I am transported back to a time, when life seemed some how so much simpler ... (No Bird, No Mortgage, No proper job etc)

Halcyon days ... spent looking like this ---------- >> :eek: most of the time:)

Last edited:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Let's look at the others:

Jeremy Whatshisface-- married to the best looking girl in the world (allegedly)--WHY?- (and hopefully find out why the marriage broke down)

Greer-- I put her on a pedestal alright and anyone who doesn't needs to look at their own intellectual ego.

I'Anson-- Career in decline badly (personally I think because her voice got too croaky). Whats she going to do about it?

The kid-- Who? Blazin who? Can todays crappy teen pop stars ever match up to the legends that went before them? (ie Bez)

Brigittte-- Why is she here? Will she go loopy like she did on Skinner and Baddiel?

Caprice-- nuff said.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Never thought I'd write this, but I AM coming round to this whole CBB thing now. I've not caught all of this series yet, but what I have seen so far has been quite entertaining, mainly because McCrirrick is making such a complete and utter arse of himself and I like watching confrontations.

I also enjoyed the I'm A Celebrity as well. BUT - I only watch these things if it is celebrities involved (whether they are past their sell-by or not). I have absolutely NO interest if its a bunch of nobodies they've plucked off the streets who are just looking for their 15 minutes (or two weeks, whatever) in the limelight. The likes of "Bubble and Jade are just bores.

The fascination with CBB comes from finding out what these TV personalities are REALLY like, without scripts, without autocue and without their p/a's wiping their arses for them every minute of the day. Vanessa Feltz going mad just HAD to be one of the highlights last time. You don't get that with normal BB contestants - its got to be celebrities for me, or I'm just not interested.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
ManOnTheRun said:
Forgive me, I was trying to be down with the kids. I had assumed it was the recognised acronym for 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here' ... Which I thought you were referring to when you mentioned 'celeb jungle'.

As for the Mondays, I agree, only have to hear Wrote For Luck and I am transported back to a time, when life seemed some how so much simpler ... (No Bird, No Mortgage, No proper job etc)

Halcyon days ... spent looking like this ---------- >> :eek: most of the time:)

:lolol: I still do.

Sorry yes, IACGMOOH... wasn't thinking.doh

Anyway, so you do kinda put Bez on a pedestal then?

In the jungle i learnt that Vic reeves (pedestal) is quit dislikeable.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Brixtaan said:

Jeremy Whatshisface-- married to the best looking girl in the world (allegedly)--WHY?- (and hopefully find out why the marriage broke down)

No he's not and never was.

Plus Kenzie is a right GEEZ.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Brixtaan said:
[BIn the jungle i learnt that Vic reeves (pedestal) is quit dislikeable. [/B]
Agreed.
He was as dull as dishwater in that show.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BobbySmith said:
and Dave the Gaffer, do some bloody work, is there no AS400's that need recovering ??

Not at the moment...no!!!!!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
I must have got it all wrong then.Rachel Stevens?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Plus Kenzie is a right GEEZ.

Tho he probably never learned that sadsack streetspeak at DorothyStringerStageSchool, or indeed anywhere other than an AliG video naa-whaaa-i-meeaaan

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Brixtaan said:

I believe they were engaged for a short time but split up before the big day.

Originally posted by Tom Hark
sadsack streetspeak at DorothyStringerStageSchool
No facking way, blud. Dunnit.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Brixtaan said:

They had said they it was going to be somebody who had been in, or was in, a relationship with one of the original lot. As she had been going out with the puffy bloke with back hair, they had speculated that it could be her. The other candidate mentioned was McCarrik's (? - the sulking bloke's) wife. Now that may have been fun if she had started to tell him off for sulking!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I believe they were engaged for a short time but split up before the big day.

same as

tedebear said:
I don't like her agressive stance towards men and her blatant feminism

"Blatant" feminism? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Don't worry your pretty little head about it, love, the lads can cope.

I'm actually very disappointed the great Germaine has left, but this show has come about 20 years too late for her, in her heyday she would have kicked the arses of everyone in that room and explained why as she was doing it.

If anyone is a bit confused about why she is (was) so fabulous, if you get the chance to watch a 1971 film called Town Bloody Hall, you'll realise - for that brief moment in time she was the sexiest and most important woman on the planet.

But that's a long time ago now. The producers stuck her in there hoping she would do what Janet Street-Porter did recently in the jungle, add a bit of wit and class to the proceedings, but alas not. There was no one on her level she could relate to.

I've got quite into this Celeb BB - John's been great entertainment and it's great that he's still in there, hope he's still got some ammo left to aim at the others.

My panto villain is Lisa, what a sour, stuck-up judgemental cow. Couldn't she've done a few goes on the exercise cycle before going in there too?

It's funny how these celebrity BBs are now indistinguishable from the normal BBs - these penniless Z-listers are even more insecurely desperate than the Jade's and Nasty Nick's.

Last edited:

Appears Greer is doing an interview around 18.55.

Kenzie's a tosser. First pressure he flapped. Became a token soldier from an American inner city. And when straight into fight mode!

TOSSER. Another spoilt twat.

LC:lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Never thought I'd write this, but I AM coming round to this whole CBB thing now. I've not caught all of this series yet, but what I have seen so far has been quite entertaining, mainly because McCrirrick is making such a complete and utter arse of himself and I like watching confrontations.

I also enjoyed the I'm A Celebrity as well. BUT - I only watch these things if it is celebrities involved (whether they are past their sell-by or not). I have absolutely NO interest if its a bunch of nobodies they've plucked off the streets who are just looking for their 15 minutes (or two weeks, whatever) in the limelight. The likes of "Bubble and Jade are just bores.

The fascination with CBB comes from finding out what these TV personalities are REALLY like, without scripts, without autocue and without their p/a's wiping their arses for them every minute of the day. Vanessa Feltz going mad just HAD to be one of the highlights last time. You don't get that with normal BB contestants - its got to be celebrities for me, or I'm just not interested.

It's the other way around for me. I haven't seen much of it, I'm to busy most of the time. However I've seen a few episodes and usually half watch the live stuff after 12. I find I have no intrest in these people at all. With the main BB its on for a lot longer so you really get to "know" those involved and form and opinion on them. Just like soaps really.

Most popular TV shows are poor IMO whilst some which go unnoticed can be very good. I don't like soaps but they get people glues to the TV day in, day out. I laugh when my parents record bloody Emerdale and the like. I don't watch much television. I'll watch football and BB. Why BB? Same reason as millions watch soaps I think. Human Intrigue and the like.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Apparently one of the excuses Germaine Greer gave for leaving was that the programme "wasn't what she thought it was."

Which seems a bit of a cop out to me.

I would imagine you learn quite a lot about yourself and your levels of tolerance, humour, empathy etc by going on something like Big Brother.

Perhaps she isn't who she thinks she is?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here