Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer is our weakest link

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So you think his performances have been acceptable this season? How is it "amazing" that when the CAPTAIN is under-performing, that it's highlighted?
Also, have you seen who plays at the back for Scotland?!

he had a stinker today...but he hasnt played half as bad as u make out....maybe its just that the 2 fullbacks and goalie have played exceptionally well...will u b asking fro bruno to be dropped for a careless pass that led to there goal?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Get a grip. He's been weak lately, but his passing is generally sublime. He was arguably our best player last season. Stop being so fickle.

If he regains the form he showed last season at all then he can still play a big role in getting us promoted, but there is no way he should be such a prominent member of our squad with the way he has been playing this season.
I'll be disappointed if he is still considered a key player come January judging on his performances this season, but hey, that's my opinion and obviously most don't agree. Fair enough.

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Erm, we have the best defence in the league. Today's goal was an unlucky deflection; a result of a rare mistake from Bruno. Get a grip! Greer is our captain and a serious footballer, Unfortunately, on this site, there are some serious jokers.

In life there is something called luck - today we weren't dealt any; thought we played well but could do with a 6 foot plus striker.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
he had a stinker today...but he hasnt played half as bad as u make out....maybe its just that the 2 fullbacks and goalie have played exceptionally well...will u b asking fro bruno to be dropped for a careless pass that led to there goal?

It wasn't just today though, it's been the whole season. I can't help but feel he has a negative impact on the way the side plays. The full-backs and Tomas have been brilliant this season, agreed, but I don't believe any of our centre-backs are good enough to be considered first team players in a promotion chasing side. That debate is for another time though I'm sure.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Poyet should be blooding Dunk more,Greer's last season i would of thought

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Excellent, blame Greer for losing a game in which Bruno needlessly gave the ball away for the winning goal and Hammond & Crofts missed sittera. Genius. Well done you!!
:clap:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Excellent, blame Greer for losing a game in which Bruno needlessly gave the ball away for the winning goal and Hammond & Crofts missed sittera. Genius. Well done you!!

Please show me where I even mentioned today's game in this thread? It's an observation of this season, not a reaction to today's performance.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He has been shocking this season. Incredibly slow, aimlessly hoofs the ball upfield frequently and it seems as if the other players are intimidated by his attitude. We have to replace him if we are to push for promotion IMO. Would prefer to see El-Abd as captain with Dunk playing alongside him 'til January at least.

Nonsense. Our weakest link is we can't score for toffee. Defence is SOUND.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It wasn't just today though, it's been the whole season. I can't help but feel he has a negative impact on the way the side plays. The full-backs and Tomas have been brilliant this season, agreed, but I don't believe any of our centre-backs are good enough to be considered first team players in a promotion chasing side. That debate is for another time though I'm sure.

nooooo he hasnt been bad all season ....me thinks your just looking for holes to pick...i'll leave it there

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Actually Kuszak clearly blamed Greer for the goal by signalling that it wouldn't have happened if Greer had allowed the ball to run to him rather than try to clear it away.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Totally disagree. We've let in 7 in 11 Championship games with Greer at the heart of defence. Ridiculous thread.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Greer, closey followed by El-Abd (obviously I now consider us playing with ten players rather than having to accept Ashley Barnes starts every week).

You'll be pleased to learn the clubs number one target is a new centre half then. And I think if we get a decent experienced one, ala Kuszczak, then Dunk will automatically come and play along side him.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Are You a Twat?
Serious Question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here