Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer is our weakest link

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He has been shocking this season. Incredibly slow, aimlessly hoofs the ball upfield frequently and it seems as if the other players are intimidated by his attitude. We have to replace him if we are to push for promotion IMO. Would prefer to see El-Abd as captain with Dunk playing alongside him 'til January at least.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
This board never ceases to amaze me, not soo long ago people were banging on about a Scotland call up etc

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
At least he passed to the right back a few times today. That's an improvement.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
He has been shocking this season. Incredibly slow, aimlessly hoofs the ball upfield frequently and it seems as if the other players are intimidated by his attitude. We have to replace him if we are to push for promotion IMO. Would prefer to see El-Abd as captain with Dunk playing alongside him 'til January at least.

you what:ffsparr:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This board never ceases to amaze me, not soo long ago people were banging on about a Scotland call up etc

So you think his performances have been acceptable this season? How is it "amazing" that when the CAPTAIN is under-performing, that it's highlighted?
Also, have you seen who plays at the back for Scotland?!

Last edited:

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove

Disagree! Greer is a footballing CB and in my opinion a very good pro and captain,cannot believe he is getting slated!Our problems are not at the back, to anyone with a half decent football brain, will clearly realise that it is our attack play that needs a serious looking at!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Disagree! Greer is a footballing CB and in my opinion a very good pro and captain,cannot believe he is getting slated!Our problems are not at the back, to anyone with a half decent football brain, will clearly realise that it is our attack play that needs a serious looking at!

When he (repeatedly) can't pass the ball 10 yards to feet to one of our players he becomes a liability.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Our Weakest Link

It is easy to say that GG is our weakest link but, in all honesty today, there were seven or eight of our players vying for that title.

Alternatively, perhaps is it a question of what they are being told to do ?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
A case of mistaken identity! That was number 9,Barnes. Greer wears number 3!

Aren't you a funny one.

Funnily enough I do know the difference between Barnes and Greer, and for me Greer was the worst player on the pitch today by an absolute country mile.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Footballing CB?! Maybe for West Ham..
Anyone with a half-decent football brain- or half a brain full stop- would realise that he is not a footballing centre-back.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Aren't you a funny one.

Funnily enough I do know the difference between Barnes and Greer, and for me Greer was the worst player on the pitch today by an absolute country mile.
Those Balti pies they sell at the Amex are just too strong for some of those Brighton `boys`!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oh come on. Boro hardly had any shots today and its not as if we're shipping goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here