Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greens not confident in Brighton

D

Deleted User X18H

When we go to the polls again in 6 months time, please, please, please promise us Timmy that you campaign even more vehimently.

Your epic failure has brightened my mood for sure, on a par with the complete ownage of the BNP in Barking. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

One thing I campaigned successfully for Kirby and Weatherly.

Another thing if we do go again in 6 months. I am Standing:thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What wonderful, wonderful news to wake up to having flaked out in the early hours.

Third. THIRD! Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
One thing I campaigned successfully for Kirby and Weatherly.

Another thing if we do go again in 6 months. I am Standing:thumbsup:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: Please! My sides! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

You're a fat Tim nice-but-dim character who CLEARLY wastes his time talking for hours on doorsteps of blue rinse muppets already in full agreement with you, while turning off any wavering potential support.

You're like a poor man's James Goldsmith, 15 years later. :lolol:

Cracking. Please do stand. Love it. :clap2:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I hope Dr Caroline Lucas and her crackpot party are exposed as the out of touch with reality cranks they are. There must be some very embarrassed people in Brighton this morning, knowing that their home town is the first in Britain to take quite such leave of its senses.

Marvellous. Have you been eating the same bunch of sour grapes that Tim's been eating?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I hope Dr Caroline Lucas and her crackpot party are exposed as the out of touch with reality cranks they are. There must be some very embarrassed people in Brighton this morning, knowing that their home town is the first in Britain to take quite such leave of its senses.

Yet another example of Brighton being a town full of cranks!

Dandyman

In London village.

You're a fat Tim nice-but-dim character who CLEARLY wastes his time talking for hours on doorsteps of blue rinse muppets already in full agreement with you, while turning off any wavering potential support.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbsup:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

as opposed to a fat ,nice but sim character ??:lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Caroline Lucas is meeting her new constituents in New Road this afternoon. I think she's hoping to thank Tim for his sterling work in helping her win her seat

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Absolutely no dignity from Charlotte Vere on her defeat to the Greens...

http://twitter.com/charlotteV

http://twitter.com/#search?q=CharlotteV

As I've mentioned before, I thought Charlotte Vere ran a poor campaign. She seemed reluctant to move outside her key wards, loved media opportunities above door-stepping and meeting the people. Did virtually no leafleting - apart from a hysterical, illiterate, anti-Green smear leaflet.

On a night where there's been a big swing to the Tories from Labour, she managed to slip the party from second to third place. I think that's the end of her political career.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can't get Twitter at work - what does she say?

It's more what she doesn't say. Some examples...

- What an amazing run we had, and all credit to @nancy4brighton for running an excellent campaign.

- Thank you to everyone - we tried v hard but it was not to be. #Brighton Pav must have been one of hardest fought seats, by all of us, in UK

- @Lockhart_A 'one' or 'won'? No, @nancy4brighton had a far better campaign.

The latter was in response to:

- @CharlotteV sorry, do you know who one? It was @CarolineLucas I think you should be praising her campain rather than nancies?!

Some stuff that has come at her...

- @charlotteV Do you not think the decent, mature and classy thing to do is to congratulate Lucas regardless of your opinion of her campaign?

- @CharlotteV good campaign, but Brighton knows that the Cons would have been damaging for it's citizens

- @CharlotteV @nancy4brighton how about showing a little acknowledgment for a worthy winner or does it still stick in craw?

- @CharlotteV #Brighton perhaps you are regretting not adopting a clean campaign strategy now voters go 4 integrity over smear every time

D

Deleted User X18H

I am here I am not hiding away.

I'm just pleased there aren't any tanks or massive queues at the supermarkets in Brighton...........yet.

Anyway what's happening has the Queen called another Election yet?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town

Actually Britain was the last European country NOT to have a Green MP so rather than this being evidence of "wacky" Brightonians it is far more significant to point to the fact that we are merely catching up with the rest of the continent.

I should think a good deal of Brightonians are very pleased this morning that the city is recognised for its progressive thinking. And a great many more will just be thankful the Tories didn't have a clean sweep across the city.

The truth is that in Kemp Town and Pavilion the Labour candidates lost only very narrowly, having come in to replace previously popular Labour MPs. Had Des Turner and the outgoing Pavilion MP been standing again the Greens and Tories would most likely not have gained

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here