Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Green Street

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The fact that Das Reich pretends to be in with the Firms proves it is likely to be wannabe Nazis that are attracted to that lifestyle.

Jan 30, 2008
I am dubious that someone who has to ask that question is going to understand the answer but here goes...In the way that it is my opinion that somebody who goes looking to inflict pain on others and act in such a violent manner has a lot of psychological damage. Probably pent up frustration. frustrated with themselves that they are not intelligent enough to find a more constructive outlet for their aggression. Frustrated that their lives don't live up to their own expectations. Frustrated at their own numerous inadequicies. Generally a pathetic, frustrated existence. I am sure someone would be able to explain further and put this a lot more succinctly.
not sure i entirely agree there nibble, i think you will find there's a cross section of society with a "interest" in the subject and they are more determined in their approach?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
not sure i entirely agree there nibble, i think you will find there's a cross section of society with a "interest" in the subject and they are more determined in their approach?

No,of course Das. Organising a time and place you can meet up with equally moronic knuckleheads and beat the shit out of each other for no other reason than being able to say you did it is perfectly normal behaviour. :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
No,of course Das. Organising a time and place you can meet up with equally moronic knuckleheads and beat the shit out of each other for no other reason than being able to say you did it is perfectly normal behaviour. :shrug:
what ever floats you're boat, i think there's a bit more to it for some people ,ive watched a couple of these films and their CRAP end of

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Id like to know which bridge over the thanmes has a signpost on it saying 'Millwall' with a sign pointing straight ahead, as seen in the film please. id like to visit it to lay a wreath in memory of the screenwriters career that was responsible for the shower of shite.

What about your nachos? Surely they require a wreath too?

worst.
film.
ever.

and me mate's cousin is in it (the big tall millwall lad). he was SO excited before it was released - oh, my cousin, he's in a film, brilliant it is - i'll get you a copy!'
i find it best to try and avoid the subject with him now. i'm so embarrassed for the lad. bloody hell!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
worst.
film.
ever.

and me mate's cousin is in it (the big tall millwall lad). he was SO excited before it was released - oh, my cousin, he's in a film, brilliant it is - i'll get you a copy!'
i find it best to try and avoid the subject with him now. i'm so embarrassed for the lad. bloody hell!

If it's the ham-tastic 'Green Street' your talking about jamie, just tell your mate's cousin to say he was in a British-made COMEDY CLASSIC. Make sure he maintains extreme vagueness at all times though innit :thumbsup:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The one thing that the directors of these films always do is bleat about how it's 'not glamourising violence'. At least in Green Street you see the effects on others, notably the family. The Football Factory is more or less a recruiting film for thugs, despite all the apologists. Whoever made it should be done for incitement.

Disagree with what you say on Football Factory actually. I think when watching the film, the viewer is willing the main character to "get out" as it were, so I personally think that the film does show the stupidity of it all, even if the character doesn't see it that way himself.

The main issue I had with Green Street (saw it 1st time last night) was with the storyline. I can't understand how a character can step down from being the main man after seeing something quite traumatic, lead a new life and refuse to have anything to do with the scene, yet will happily hand the leadership to his little brother.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Disagree with what you say on Football Factory actually. I think when watching the film, the viewer is willing the main character to "get out" as it were, so I personally think that the film does show the stupidity of it all, even if the character doesn't see it that way himself.

The pay-off line in the FF is: "Was it worth it? Course it was f***ing worth it." I don't think that's a very ambiguous message.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The pay-off line in the FF is: "Was it worth it? Course it was f***ing worth it." I don't think that's a very ambiguous message.

Yes but even though the character himself says that, the audience is willing him NOT to say it - watching it the first time I was hoping he was going to think "f*** this" and leave the scene. Just because the main character doesn't have an epiphany and thinks it IS worth it, it doesn't necessarily follow that that is the message the film conveys.

Thats my take anyways!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here