Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Green Street

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I thnk one of teh problems is that the film makers don't do enough research and they let Directors and actors create what they think football firms act like. then again, never been near a firm so wouldn't really know.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
To be honest I thought it was alright when I saw it apart from the bit when the Millwall mob attack the pub, as they appear to swing through the windows like the SAS.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I liked Green Street.
Seems to draw a lot of criticism and sneering from "real" football fans who "know what its really like" blah blah. But watch it without the snobbishness and its actually pretty good.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I find it odd that people have an obsession with "Firms". IMO it seems to be the pursuit of people who have large failings in the rest of their lives. No differant to the idiots who run around West Street shouting at each other.

Jan 30, 2008
I find it odd that people have an obsession with "Firms". IMO it seems to be the pursuit of people who have large failings in the rest of their lives. No differant to the idiots who run around West Street shouting at each other.
would you like to explain that comment in more detail nibble?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I find it odd that people have an obsession with "Firms". IMO it seems to be the pursuit of people who have large failings in the rest of their lives.

Possibly true - and it makes you wonder, given that there's a lot less hoolie shenanigans now, what these people are up to these days.

Seems to me they are driving like nutters around the country and leaping out of their cars threatening to beat anyone up who has 'carved them up'.

Which is arguably less desirable than these psychos planning a meet and beating the shite out of each other.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
would you like to explain that comment in more detail nibble?

Of course. People who actively seek out and indulge in violent acts for personal enjoyment have somethng wrong with them.

Oct 25, 2003
i hadn't seen it before, so fancied giving it a go

i had to turn it off, it was utterly terrible....the bit at the start when they're explaining cockney rhyming slang to him made me want to vomit

and why not have an ACTUAL cockney playing the MAIN cockney:thud:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
It's pretty sad escapism for people who have a void in their lives. If you watch the film for the sake of the film, then fine, but as has been said before on here, the overall quality is pretty piss-poor. If you watch them because you like to shut your eyes and imagine yourself as a "name" or "top boy", then you are embarking on a Walter Mitty fantasy, and it's generally better not to admit it! If you watch them and then pretend you were "in", then it's even sadder, and marks you out as a "Walt"!

If you really want to get a hard on over the chance to fight someone, you know where the Armed Forces careers office is. The only trouble is that then you might actually have to convert fantasy to reality, and you might actually get hurt!

Some of my favourite 5 minutes were spent watching "street hard men" turn into crying wimps when confronted with someone who had spent a tour or two doing it for real. Pissing themselves in fear and refusing to move from the foetal position because they couldn't choose their fight anymore - they had to take what came their way. I've watched "Nazis" beg coloured Sgts to stop, and I've watched "hoolies" swear allegiance to any club but their own to stop the pain.

Funnily enough, I don't recall any hoolie films being watched when I was serving.....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's pretty sad escapism for people who have a void in their lives. If you watch the film for the sake of the film, then fine, but as has been said before on here, the overall quality is pretty piss-poor. If you watch them because you like to shut your eyes and imagine yourself as a "name" or "top boy", then you are embarking on a Walter Mitty fantasy, and it's generally better not to admit it! If you watch them and then pretend you were "in", then it's even sadder, and marks you out as a "Walt"!

If you really want to get a hard on over the chance to fight someone, you know where the Armed Forces careers office is. The only trouble is that then you might actually have to convert fantasy to reality, and you might actually get hurt!

Some of my favourite 5 minutes were spent watching "street hard men" turn into crying wimps when confronted with someone who had spent a tour or two doing it for real. Pissing themselves in fear and refusing to move from the foetal position because they couldn't choose their fight anymore - they had to take what came their way. I've watched "Nazis" beg coloured Sgts to stop, and I've watched "hoolies" swear allegiance to any club but their own to stop the pain.

Funnily enough, I don't recall any hoolie films being watched when I was serving.....

Good Post.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

what were you in mate ?

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Id like to know which bridge over the thanmes has a signpost on it saying 'Millwall' with a sign pointing straight ahead, as seen in the film please. id like to visit it to lay a wreath in memory of the screenwriters career that was responsible for the shower of shite.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The one thing that the directors of these films always do is bleat about how it's 'not glamourising violence'. At least in Green Street you see the effects on others, notably the family. The Football Factory is more or less a recruiting film for thugs, despite all the apologists. Whoever made it should be done for incitement.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
in what way??

I am dubious that someone who has to ask that question is going to understand the answer but here goes...In the way that it is my opinion that somebody who goes looking to inflict pain on others and act in such a violent manner has a lot of psychological damage. Probably pent up frustration. frustrated with themselves that they are not intelligent enough to find a more constructive outlet for their aggression. Frustrated that their lives don't live up to their own expectations. Frustrated at their own numerous inadequicies. Generally a pathetic, frustrated existence. I am sure someone would be able to explain further and put this a lot more succinctly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here