Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greatest ever film soundtrack

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think it is high time someone made a film version of Blood Brothers, Spielberg perhaps ???

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Meade's_Ball said:
And i generally remain gently haunted by the moving tones and sections of static silence within The Third Man.
Apparently the film's director was just sitting in a bar in Vienna when he heard Anton Karas playing his zither there; he then thrust him to stardom virtually instantly by using him for the Third Man. Brilliant soundtrack.
180px-Zither1_David_Dupplaw.jpg

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Man of Harveys said:
Apparently the film's director was just sitting in a bar in Vienna when he heard Anton Karas playing his zither there; he then thrust him to stardom virtually instantly by using him for the Third Man. Brilliant soundtrack.
180px-Zither1_David_Dupplaw.jpg

Cool.
Zither, wither hither.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I can already bash out a not totally disastrous rendition of the Harry Lime theme on the guitar but I quite fancy learning to play the ZITHER.

"Go on, give us Harry Lime!" people will cry. Then onto the sax just to be able to do "the Pink Panther".

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
But the daddy of them all is Bernard Herrmann - Psycho AND Taxi Driver?

John Carpenter must be in with a fair shout as 'the daddy', as not only did he write and direct many of his films, he also did the soundtracks! - Halloween, The Fog, Assault on Precinct 13, Escape from New York as well as many others I believe.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Withdean Wanderer said:
Is the right answer:clap:

Yeah.. takes the emotions all over the place

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
To Live and Die in LA. Wayne Wang?

Nearly..Wang Chung, good song not sure about the rest of the soundtrack though

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
One from the Heart - Tom Waits and Crystal Gayle - Crap film, fantastic sound track

Down by Law - Tom Waits - fantastic film, fantastic soundtrac

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Conan the Barbarian - Basil Poledouris, is probably THE most underated music score EVER.

&

Best Shot aka Hoosiers - Jerry Goldsmith.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Dancing with wolves wasn't bad.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Icy Gull said:
Nearly..Wang Chung, good song not sure about the rest of the soundtrack though

80's synth at its best. Well maybe not at its best but it still has a certain charm.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
There are so any good ones. Tom Cruise always seems to be in films with great soundtracks, Risky Business, Legend, Cocktail and Top Gun are a few that spring to mind. Other good ones include "Streets Of Fire", "Dances With Wolves", "Kevin & Perry Go Large" and "Titanic".

Oh and another one for 80's cheese has to be "The Wedding Singer".

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The Donnie Darko soundtrack is good. Both the original score and the soundtrack.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Brightonian74 said:
Excellent call!

I saw a John Barry concert in the Albert Hall about 4 years ago....

When the Bond theme started up, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

I saw Goldfrapp last night (young Alison is looking even hotter now she's straightened her hair, but that's another story... :love: ).

The in-house DJ seemed to be taking most of his selections from John Barry's "Themeology" CD. Was brilliant to hear the themes to On Her Majesty's Secret Service and the Persuaders blaring out at 100dB...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The soundtrack to Titanic is uncannilly similar to that of Courage Under Fire...

In another weird related link, the soundtrack to Star Trek 4 is very similar to The cartoon version of Lord Of The Rings :lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Trufflehound said:
I saw Goldfrapp last night (young Alison is looking even hotter now she's straightened her hair, but that's another story... :love: ).

The in-house DJ seemed to be taking most of his selections from John Barry's "Themeology" CD. Was brilliant to hear the themes to On Her Majesty's Secret Service and the Persuaders blaring out at 100dB...
Did she yodel? Did you yodel along?

Last edited:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Betty Blue soundtrack was superb, although I've not heard it in ages, so it might sound shite now.

I always thought the Big Blue was a top film, wathced it the other night and thought it was rubbish, might be the same with betty blue

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here