Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

great stadium but......

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Same here. It seems if some people can't walk up to a kiosk, get served with their pie & a pint without waiting or leave after the final whistle & walk straight onto a train or bus with no queue then the club haven't got the organisation right. If they don't like it then don't bother going, they wont be missed & there will be plenty of takers for their tickets.
People dont seem to realise that if you put 20,000 in one place and they all leave at the same time, there will be delays! What do these prats expect? The only way to solve it would be a teleport machine, but unfortunately Tony's budget didn't stretch to making 20000 of them. The only things I can take issue with, is I think the gents should have a in door and out door, as I think this will ease the flow (boom boom), and I think the food outlets should have a few more people in them, one on the till and one fetching the food, as I think this will speed things up and more than cover the cost of the additional staff with the additional food they sell, because I like many just dont bother queing anymore, but its not a moan, just choose not to.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The match day organization is a bloomingshamblesno other way to put really,can't still be teething problems:moo:

Yet more boring rubbish from you. If you don't like it, maybe you should go and watch Crawley instead?

I think the matchday organisation is pretty good. They've got most things right, and the things they don't have right are improving. You seem to want us to go back to the Withdean, or the Goldstone days. Well times change Rev, you need to change with them. If it really is that bad then don't go.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So getting back to the real world what did you expect perfection from day 1? Yes there are irritants but on the whole these are minor and improving each game, have you got any experience of working on a project of 100Million pounds believe me the Amex works well in comparison to many.

The club acknowledge that all is not perfect but they are trying to improve and change things to make your experience a better one, you need to be a bit more positive and stop moaning or go and support Arsenal.

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
So getting back to the real world what did you expect perfection from day 1? Yes there are irritants but on the whole these are minor and improving each game, have you got any experience of working on a project of 100Million pounds believe me the Amex works well in comparison to many.

The club acknowledge that all is not perfect but they are trying to improve and change things to make your experience a better one, you need to be a bit more positive and stop moaning or go and support Arsenal.

Someone who understands right here. We're trying our very best. Customer feedback is being acted upon where possible. I have mentioned before that it took the management at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium TWO YEARS to get service to an acceptable level. Officials have been to see how we do things at The AMEX and have remarked that it's amazing how much we've done in such a short space of time. We had officials from all over the UK and Europe in last night to pick up tips to improve thier service.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
People dont seem to realise that if you put 20,000 in one place and they all leave at the same time, there will be delays! What do these prats expect? The only way to solve it would be a teleport machine, but unfortunately Tony's budget didn't stretch to making 20000 of them. The only things I can take issue with, is I think the gents should have a in door and out door, as I think this will ease the flow (boom boom), and I think the food outlets should have a few more people in them, one on the till and one fetching the food, as I think this will speed things up and more than cover the cost of the additional staff with the additional food they sell, because I like many just dont bother queing anymore, but its not a moan, just choose not to.
What you're saying makes some sense but even so, just think back a year. Despite the fact that the ground only held 8K, if you wanted food at halftime you had to leave before the whistle and you might (only might) get back to your seat with it in time for the second half. 5 minutes into half time last Sunday my daughter decided she wanted another pie. 'See you half way through the 2nd half' I said. She was back with her pie well before the players came out. That would have only been possible at Withdean during a JPT game.

Then consider the bogs. Yes there is a bit of a queue but is it anything like the queue next to the South Stand bogs at Withers? Nothing like it. People like 'the Rev' need to take a pretty big reality check and then they might just realise that what we've got in the Amex now is about as good as it gets.

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill

I totally agree, and we have to bear with these issues, as any changes made mid season will involve massive disruption, and make matters worse. I do expect that any alterations to the concourses will be made during the summer, and give some people some fresh moans for next season!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What you're saying makes some sense but even so, just think back a year. Despite the fact that the ground only held 8K, if you wanted food at halftime you had to leave before the whistle and you might (only might) get back to your seat with it in time for the second half. 5 minutes into half time last Sunday my daughter decided she wanted another pie. 'See you half way through the 2nd half' I said. She was back with her pie well before the players came out. That would have only been possible at Withdean during a JPT game.

Then consider the bogs. Yes there is a bit of a queue but is it anything like the queue next to the South Stand bogs at Withers? Nothing like it. People like 'the Rev' need to take a pretty big reality check and then they might just realise that what we've got in the Amex now is about as good as it gets.

IMHO the half-time queues at Withdean in the South Stand (capacity 5000-ish) both for the food and the bogs appeared to move much quicker than the equivalent queues at the Amex in the North Stand (capacity 2500-ish). AND there was chips. And no I don't want to go back to Withdean or go and support Crawley yada yada. Just saying, like.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
saying something is a shambles reflects the whole place in the wrong light. it isn't a shambles - it's absolutely fine. there will always be individual issues - but generally the system works very well. if you don't have time to wait for a drink - save it till after the game. if you are in a rush to get home, plan it better. It isn't the ground's fault and saying over and over it is a shambles mean that more people believe that it is and treat it accordingly.

Catering, services and transport at the Amex are NOT a shambles. They are range from excellent to perfectly acceptable for the majority of fans and are improving every week. I reckon anyway.

Jan 30, 2008
of course it's a shambles , more people leaving early from their seats at half time/full time ,TOILETS WHERE YOUR TEMPTED TO PISS IN THE POCKETS OF THE BLOKE IN FRONT , needs sorting!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I love the Amex and have travelled 3 different ways.

Train - just fine. there are queues for sure, but this is to be expected for a footie game and I have no problems whatsoever with the way this works.

Bus - from the A27 (can't remeber the number) this was a piece of cake, left ground at final whistle, got in the queue, got on the first bus that arrived, no complaints.

Bennets Field Car Park, a 100% f*** up for every game except the one the Police ran, which was perfectly fine.

I've seen first hand the P&R queues, and these would be improved immensly if they allowed more than one bus to be loaded at a time and if there was better signposting.

So I believe all the problems can be solved by common sense, and by employing relevently experienced people and adopting appropriately tried and tested systems, that seems to be where where the problems lie. Of course I am sure there are other issues that some might raise, but with the ones I have seen, the solutions are out there, when will those in a position to do something about it, do something about it?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
saying something is a shambles reflects the whole place in the wrong light. it isn't a shambles - it's absolutely fine.

Agree 'it isn't a shambles'.

Disagree 'it's absolutely fine.' - else we wouldn't be having these same threads after every single game. There's always room for improvement, and being complacent about it doesn't help anybody, least of all the club.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Every single time Rev's threads are just attention seeking and trying to provoke a reaction. Boringggg

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I f***ing love the place.
No complaints from me, my friends or the people who sit near me.
Will always be grateful.

This is exactly it,... what the hell is wrong with some of you............... 20k people,... are they all expected top wait until you have passed through first,.. eh?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Agree 'it isn't a shambles'.

Disagree 'it's absolutely fine.' - else we wouldn't be having these same threads after every single game. There's always room for improvement, and being complacent about it doesn't help anybody, least of all the club.

From all the feedback we have had the club sound delighted with the turnover from the catering. Yes there could be improvements, but why the drama ?

I have given up queueing at Withdean at half time before now, in order to get back to my seat for the second half, so I don't even recognise this catering nirvana that you speak of. Maybe the queues were less bad because the chips were frankly piss poor, the coffee was rank and no one was queueing up for beer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here