Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

great stadium but......

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
20k leaving at same time, of course a few delays, that is normal. If it was shambolic there would be 5 hour delays.

One thing is for sure , your constant moaning about nothing does nothing for the planning app about to go in. Unfortunately your incessant campaign of shite will probably get noticed by the Argus and before we know it their is a bandwagon over nothing.

Pipe down mate.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Are you referring to last night if so 1000's of first timers attended the Amex, what on earth did you expect.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
From all the feedback we have had the club sound delighted with the turnover from the catering. Yes there could be improvements, but why the drama ?

I have given up queueing at Withdean at half time before now, in order to get back to my seat for the second half, so I don't even recognise this catering nirvana that you speak of. Maybe the queues were less bad because the chips were frankly piss poor, the coffee was rank and no one was queueing up for beer.

agree entirely. Food wise its getting there. The service queues are better and they seem to be getting the right product as requested. there is still room for improvement and it needs to be reviewed and managed but its not now a shambles.

Transport wise my family only had problems once (the rottingdean bus and strange queuing patterns) but have now switched to race hill park and ride which seems better. I still get home quicker than I did from Withdean.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
I've only been to three games at the amex but each one was a delight. All by train from MK, Ok I did stay in Lewes for the midweek one but even so every time we sat in WSU, left after final whistle and got on second train to either Brighton or Lewes. Had refreshment during half time, got back to our seats before kick off and the pies were lush. I don't think you can complain at that.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I do wonder about some of these moaners. There's no doubt Rev was one of the die-hard fans in the wilderness years and before but now we attract a much wider fanbase I suspect this feeling of not being part of a clique of fans in a small club does hurt for some. Let's face it, lower league football seems to attract some right social inadequates who can't function in a normal environment whereas footie instantly gives a common bond and supporting a small crap club can make them feel important.

Along comes Gus, Tony and the Amex and now the ratio of normal people to specials is much higher. All that's left is this impotent whinging and look-at-me-threads with his childish fonts and smilies. It's very sad.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I do wonder about some of these moaners. There's no doubt Rev was one of the die-hard fans in the wilderness years and before but now we attract a much wider fanbase I suspect this feeling of not being part of a clique of fans in a small club does hurt for some. Let's face it, lower league football seems to attract some right social inadequates who can't function in a normal environment whereas footie instantly gives a common bond and supporting a small crap club can make them feel important.

Along comes Gus, Tony and the Amex and now the ratio of normal people to specials is much higher. All that's left is this impotent whinging and look-at-me-threads with his childish fonts and smilies. It's very sad.

This.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Not a bad point. Certainly having a look around withdean before / during and after the game there was a disproportional number of "specials" . The Amex has certainly seen us tap back in to the normal looking fan at least.

I think some nose's have been put out of joint for sure

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
70? where'd you get that from?

The thread saying it was his 70th birthday. That's why I said 'supposed' because I assumed that was mindless drivel as well.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Wonderfully put.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Think you may have a point there. This harking back to a rose-tinted halcyon time does get very irritating now and I am old enough to hark back to the older days myself. I think the Amex is superb and my personal experience of it has been brilliant. My only quibble being the lack of saturday 3pm kick offs and personal circumstances leading to one or two missed games.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I took the opportunity to go into the north stand last night and I really enjoyed it. Seeing all the pictures and writings for the first time. Got a coffee pretty quick as well.
On the other hand my mate decided to try the 1901 meal etc and he thought it was absolute crap.Apart from being totally underwhelmed over the decor etc in the bars, thinking it was very canteenish, his food was cold and his beers were warm. When he complained about the warm bottles of Lager the girl told him that they had run out of cold ones because they hadn`t anticipated serving so many. Bearing in mind he runs a popular bar in Brighton he thought that was amateurish in the least. Now he was looking to get a few 1901 spots as soon as they became available but I think he might be having a re-think now.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Agree 'it isn't a shambles'.

Disagree 'it's absolutely fine.' - else we wouldn't be having these same threads after every single game. There's always room for improvement, and being complacent about it doesn't help anybody, least of all the club.
This. I love the Amex and will forever be grateful to Tony Bloom but ........ Things are far from absolutely fine

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This. I love the Amex and will forever be grateful to Tony Bloom but ........ Things are far from absolutely fine

I don't think they are far from absolutely fine at all. It's not perfect, but find me a football ground that is. I'm happy most things, and it seems to be improving every game. Cant really ask for much more than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here