Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GREAT songs from average bands

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Boys of Summer by Don Henley is a gem in a sea of toilet that he produced as a solo artist.

In a word...Bollocks, here's one of many other excellent songs he did as a solo artist (although in this instance he's got his mates along to help :annoyed:). There are LOADS of others

[yt]FLgUuHl2xJo[/yt]

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The Pogues -Fairytale in new york

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You are joking. The Pogues have loads of excellent songs, try Sally Maclennane, Dirty Old Town, The Body of an American, Waltzing Matilda

i amit i have never heard any other stuff by them.The radio only ever plays one song.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Snowy White

[yt]RBXTNAdvGKI&feature[/yt]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dr Mabuse is an amazing song, especially the 10 minute version!
That is a damn good shout actually.

I had that whole album on tape so obviously haven't listened to it for a long time, until this thread got me listening to most of the tracks on youtube. It's a fantastic album (clearly I'm not alone in thinking that) but when you listen to it, you really feel it ought to be a lot more dated than it actually is. I think I'm going to have to buy it on CD now using that cheeky little link from NSC...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Just thought of a few others

Sixpence none the richer - kiss me ( Texan band that really evoked memories of jangly British 80s indie with this song)

Sugababes - push the button

UB40 - one in ten. If you can try and get a copy of the 808 state remix

Tears for fears - mad world

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
That is a damn good shout actually.

I had that whole album on tape so obviously haven't listened to it for a long time, until this thread got me listening to most of the tracks on youtube. It's a fantastic album (clearly I'm not alone in thinking that) but when you listen to it, you really feel it ought to be a lot more dated than it actually is. I think I'm going to have to buy it on CD now using that cheeky little link from NSC...

It's well worth picking it up on CD, it's one of those albums where I rate every track and I don't do that often!

On the topic of the Style Council that Arthur brought up, I quite like "Long Hot Summer".

How about "Europa and the Pirate Twins" by Thomas Dolby?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here