Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GREAT songs from average bands

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair, that whole album was f***ing CHOON.

In fact, I'm going to clap it right now:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I used to get stoned off my head as a whacky stoodent to that album. Qualla. More claps I think:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dr Mabuse is an amazing song, especially the 10 minute version!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
HARK NOW HEAR THE DAZO SINGS NSC RUN AWAY AGAIN! :bigwave:

Boney M , nowt special ......But Hooray Hooray, Brown Bird in the ring & Marys boy child are gems..oh & river of babylon.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Anything New Order put out in the 1980's in comparison to what came afterwards.

Listening to Perfect Kiss now, classic :thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anything New Order put out in the 1980's in comparison to what came afterwards.

Listening to Perfect Kiss now, classic :thumbsup:

I think TRHK are in agreement with you there. Too many to list but how about 1963? Or subculture or round and round? Or every second counts:

Every second counts when I am with you, I think you are a pig, you should be in a zoo

Is that on the same album as the tune that starts "i've just come from a war that must be won...."?

Always reminds me of the Belle and Sebastian song "fought in a war". Another great tune

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I think TRHK are in agreement with you there. Too many to list but how about 1963? Or subculture or round and round? Or every second counts:

Every second counts when I am with you, I think you are a pig, you should be in a zoo

Is that on the same album as the tune that starts "i've just come from a war that must be won...."?

Always reminds me of the Belle and Sebastian song "fought in a war". Another great tune

Every second counts is a song I've neglected a bit, I was always a Low Life fan. Sooner than you think is a very under-rated song from that album.

Thieves Like Us is amazing as well, excellent band(for a time!)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No one has mentioned Milli Vanilli yet.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Every second counts is a song I've neglected a bit, I was always a Low Life fan. Sooner than you think is a very under-rated song from that album.

Thieves Like Us is amazing as well, excellent band(for a time!)

Ahhh.... The cowbell albums as I like to refer to lowlife, brotherhood and power corruption and lies. And then came Substance which must rank as one of the greatest best of albums ever. And then in 1989 along came Technique. Simply put - a masterpiece

On my iPod right now.

Quick question - do Albion fans have the best taste in music of any team? Seems like it

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
[yt]sZG-VvlErJY[/yt]

Yes i HAVE been drinking this afternoon

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ahhh.... The cowbell albums as I like to refer to lowlife, brotherhood and power corruption and lies. And then came Substance which must rank as one of the greatest best of albums ever. And then in 1989 along came Technique. Simply put - a masterpiece

On my iPod right now.

Quick question - do Albion fans have the best taste in music of any team? Seems like it

i might have ruined all that just now Buzzzer

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hope you weren't being ironic, Q, as I quite like that song. I hope you are as appalled as I am at that karaoke murder of hallelujah. Not happy about that at all

i do Really like that song Buzzer as well as this next one coning up.
Shame about The killing of Hallelujah but old lenny would have a chuckle about it and say something quite cool and profound about it all and thats how i am trying to see it................. not that i`ll say anything cool or profound.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

On my iPod right now.

I know, Technique is clearly different from what came before but just as good if not better. A round of applause for Mr Disco especially.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Boys of Summer by Don Henley is a gem in a sea of toilet that he produced as a solo artist.

I know I will be castigated, but I love Movement by New Order.

For those of you that enjoy the LUGUBRIOUS end of the spectrum, I give you LA Rain by the Rose of Avalanche

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-KhPLvW-CZE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-KhPLvW-CZE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here