Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great scientific breakthroughs we are still waiting for

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Technology and science move at a breathtaking pace. But there are still some things we've not yet conquered. Allow me to kick this off and feel free to join in with your own...

1. Engineering cup-a-soups such that the granules all disolve is still a distant dream it seems. How often, despite much vigorous stirring, do we arrive at the bottom of the drinking vessel only to find a sludge of powder. "Ah, that's why it tasted so weak", we think to ourselves around this time.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Bozza said:
Technology and science move at a breathtaking pace. But there are still some things we've not yet conquered. Allow me to kick this off and feel free to join in with your own...

1. Engineering cup-a-soups such that the granules all disolve is still a distant dream it seems. How often, despite much vigorous stirring, do we arrive at the bottom of the drinking vessel only to find a sludge of powder. "Ah, that's why it tasted so weak", we think to ourselves around this time.

Cup-a-soup stirring is all in the technique. It IS possible to get a perfectly smooth cup-a-soup with no bits, IF you know the secret method.

2. Why England, with some of the best players in the world, perform like a bunch of idiots who have never played football before, in important tournaments.

Last edited:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Why, despite thousands of years of evolution, does the male body still have testicles in a position where they are vulnerable to being hit?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Toilets that get blocked !! Is it really beyond us to invent a toilet that works all the time - I guess being a toilet inventor isn't really a claim to fame - unless your last name is Poo or something I spose...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Re: Re: Great scientific breakthroughs we are still waiting for

Commander said:
2. Why England, with some of the best players in the world, perform like a bunch of idiots who have never played football before, in important tournaments.

I can answer that.

They're not actually the best players in the world - they're generally over-hpyed by media which has a vested interest in the success of the Premiership.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Stinkers Bridge said:
On the Cup-a-soup debate.... I have found that even if you put the water in the cup first and then sprinkle the contents of the sachet in (stirring all the while), you still end up with some residual gloop at the bottom of the cup. Crazy huh?

When have you ever had a cup-a-soup?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Isn't the cup of soup problem that water can only hold so much in suspension so the residual falls to the bottom - cup of soups are made for GIANORMOUS cups and not the little ones most of us have?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Grendel said:
Why, despite thousands of years of evolution, does the male body still have testicles in a position where they are vulnerable to being hit?

So true :lolol:

Where do you think they should be out of interest?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Shaving foam that DOESN'T like going into ears

bigbadbonkingbob

Aug 21, 2006
The art to making a smooth Cup-a-Soup is to put the contents of the sachet in the cup, then about third fill it with water. Use your spoon to mix vigorously until you have made a paste, then slowly pour the water in a bit at a time, stirring as you go, and thus making a Cup-a-Soup to the perfect consistency. This also has the benefit when using a large mug of enabling you to stop pouring when you have reached optimum soup consistency, thus avoiding the social faux pas of making a disappointingly thin Cup-a-Soup.

Is this the most useful first post by a newbie ever?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here