Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great Phone in today

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Dear Mr Harty

Considering the poor attendances, can me and my lads have some VIP treatment at the Hartlepool game on the basis that we have flown in from Ireland courtesy of 1c Ryanair flights.

I think a stretch limo with a private viewing from the aforementioned lapdancers would suffice very much thank you.

P.S. Maybe a bottle of Asti and some Bombay mix wouldn't go amiss either, oh and some coke and crisps for the boys :thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Dear Mr Harty

Considering the poor attendances, can me and my lads have some VIP treatment at the Hartlepool game on the basis that we have flown in from Ireland courtesy of 1c Ryanair flights.

I think a stretch limo with a private viewing from the aforementioned lapdancers would suffice very much thank you.

P.S. Maybe a bottle of Asti and some Bombay mix wouldn't go amiss either, oh and some coke and crisps for the boys :thumbsup:

I'd suggest the lapdancers were dressed only in complimentary ponchoes.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But that was the point, the callers were in the main talking about a great performance, as was both Norm and I, even the Czech lapdancers were impressed,but given the significance of the game the crowd figure was pisspoor, and as both Dave and Ed said at half time somewhat of a worry.

But Ian its going to be pisspoor to we get to Falmer but lets not go on and on about it every week pleeeeaase.
Lets concentrate on the games in question.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I tried to get through to Ian today just to tell him not to keep dwelling on ticket prices and poor crowds. What is wrong with talking about a great result in a great game against one of the best sides in our division.

I wasn't bothered by that, but complaining about away fans being given poncho's free and home fans having to pay all of ONE POUND was annoying. Being fair to them most of them had red ones which I assume they bought back in Doncaster, and they had travelled 4 and a half hours to get here.

I wasn't bothered by that, but complaining about away fans being given poncho's free and home fans having to pay all of ONE POUND was annoying. Being fair to them most of them had red ones which I assume they bought back in Doncaster, and they had travelled 4 and a half hours to get here.

I FOUND a quid on the floor just outside the program seller's tent.

Actually, much as we like to heap derision upon the away fans - they HAVE travelled distance for a SHIT view in a crap running-track ground (and to see their side LOSE :clap2: ), so I can't really begrudge them a plastic bag to put over their heads before they trek the miles back sitting in wet clobber.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
But Ian its going to be pisspoor to we get to Falmer but lets not go on and on about it every week pleeeeaase.

Yep! Spot on. The subject has been done to death. Let's just revel in the most complete 45 minutes footie since that 1st half against Millwall last year.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Love the way Harty said he had a letter from a Portsmouth fan in the week he knew it was cause it was written in crayon:lolol::thumbsup: This was pre- match.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

But why should it be pisspoor until Falmer? People either want to get behind the team or they don't, but it frustrating because I thought we had a hardcore support of more than just over 5,000.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Dear Mr Harty

Only if I can come out with you?:clap:

Does anyone know if Linguaphone do a crash course in Polish?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Only if I can come out with you?:clap:

Does anyone know if Linguaphone do a crash course in Polish?

You arrange it and we're on :thumbsup:, I'm staying firmly in the closet though.

I think Mr pledge does a crash course in Polish.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Just wondering if Harty, in aid of 'targetting under 21's' has thought about doing younger fans feature next season. It would have to be carefully policed though or you'd get 'Josh who is 11 and went to the game today' " Errrrr yeah, I ummmm, thought we played really really well and I 'fink' that Forster is very good and brighton might get play offs but im not really sure."

Not sure if you read it mate so thought I'd quote it. What you think? but make sure you don't get numpties. Any plans for next season phone in?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Not sure if you read it mate so thought I'd quote it. What you think? but make sure you don't get numpties. Any plans for next season phone in?

Fair point Ed, and we do welcome quality input from all ages. As for next year I have already signed up for next season, making it 11 years, which I'm led to believe from management at SCR puts me as one of the longest serving BBC regional phone-in hosts, a frightening thought..........

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Harty, the reason for poor attendances is endemic due to the current financial crisis - choices have to be made for some and footie is leisure therefore about the first thing to go when the belt needs tightening.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
But why should it be pisspoor until Falmer? People either want to get behind the team or they don't, but it frustrating because I thought we had a hardcore support of more than just over 5,000.

Harty look at it another way. A few weeks ago we were getting 4000+. Now we are getting 6000+. Around a 50% increase. Not bad. They are coming back. I do not think we will get a Withdean full house until we are fighting for a certain Play off place. There are those who think prices are too high or a rubbish view etc who will always find an excuse not to come to Withdean. So be it. But 6000+ thought diferent today and saw a great football match. I thought we were immense today but all credit to Doncaster who played great football to make it the exciting game it was.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Fair point Ed, and we do welcome quality input from all ages. As for next year I have already signed up for next season, making it 11 years, which I'm led to believe from management at SCR puts me as one of the longest serving BBC regional phone-in hosts, a frightening thought..........

Don't do it! I was on with Harty last season and all I said was "Sorry Harty, Iv'e only just woken up" the rest of the time he just wasted talking to Dick Knight *snore* and fielding a scurrilous accusation about a senior member of the Management staff...Didn't he realise it was all about me!!!?

Seriously though peeps, Harty is a top lad, loves his Albion, is a joy to see him at it.

BTW, Dave...where was the exposure of Ponchogate?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
One guy on the phone in said he was talking to Westlake after the game!

Apparently he want's to sign for us permanently I BLOODY HOPE SO :albion2:

Hi Dave :bigwave:

That was indeed me. I had a long chat with Westlake, and he really is a decent fellow. Says he's not exaclty happy at Leeds, but the offer he was made was too good to turn down. He's from Clacton, loves being by the sea. He has just sorted out a house in Brighton for him and his girlfriend, and he stated, quite clearly, that he loves it at the Albion, the squad, the fans, the manager, and if there is any possibility of signing permanently then he would jump at the chance. He has one year left on his contract at Leeds but would like to get it paid up if possible.

I would love to see him come here permanently, fingers crossed he won't get poached by anyone else.

Oh, and I asked him if I could have one of his shirts at the end of the season, he said "Definately, I'll make sure you get a Play-off final one".

Can't say fairer than that :albion2::ascarf::thumbsup::bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here