Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great Phone in today

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
A great phone in last night, agreed, my favourite caller was Taylor who was clearly irritated by all the poncho moaners and said the solution to the problem was figured out about 150 years ago by Mr Macintosh !!!!!

In other words bring your bloody coat next time !!

Classic :laugh:

Last edited:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
All week the forecast for saturday afternoon was for heavy rain and people do take note of that. In this day & age people will not sit & be soaked, much less when paying for the pleasure.

but that's something the Albion can't do anything about. keep playing the good stuff and fans will come back, but the sunshine will help bring back more.

Yesturday was worth getting wet for, thanks Uncle Spielburg for the tickets!

BBC SCR

Feb 5, 2004
That chap who phoned in and told us all he couldnt get there at times.........background noises...

Harty says." do you live on a farm?"

"Yes " he replies, " its lambing time"

It wa sprobably the best call ever received on the phone in.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ed and I Really enjoyed the Before/Half time and afterwards today.

Do PM Harty and get to do it...it really is great fun. You only get to see how good Harty is on the phone,close up......DO IT!!!

And i got Spearmint Rhino VIP tickets from two lovelly ladies Terrific team performance today by the team. westlake is awesome

First of all, thank you for all the calls we received on Saturday, to those of you that we put on air and to those of you where we just couldn't get you on.

We had so many calls and texts it was impossible to give everybody some air time.

I would love for those of you who didn't get on air - to give me a call on Tuesday.

I can book anybody a place in the call list for air time if you email me at dean.adams@bbc.co.uk.

We appreciate everybody's input and it made Saturday a good phone-in.

If you wish to be on the 'before, during and after' then email me asap and we can hopefully get you in soon and, as said, the perfect way to also see how the phone-in looks from Harty's view.

Thanks again

Dean
Producer

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dean...Can I make a suggestion.

In the opening titles, can you play the last bit of the call with the chap from the farm on, to replace some of the stuff from last year,

It was just absolutely brilliant radio.......would really set the tone for the show

( only if you agree Harty obviously!!!)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
First of all, thank you for all the calls we received on Saturday, to those of you that we put on air and to those of you where we just couldn't get you on.

We had so many calls and texts it was impossible to give everybody some air time.

I would love for those of you who didn't get on air - to give me a call on Tuesday.

I can book anybody a place in the call list for air time if you email me at dean.adams@bbc.co.uk.

We appreciate everybody's input and it made Saturday a good phone-in.

If you wish to be on the 'before, during and after' then email me asap and we can hopefully get you in soon and, as said, the perfect way to also see how the phone-in looks from Harty's view.

Thanks again

Dean
Producer

Why can't I hear it out here? All I get on the SCR interweb is Aldershot, Woking and some non League garbage from Surrey.

But why should it be pisspoor until Falmer? People either want to get behind the team or they don't, but it frustrating because I thought we had a hardcore support of more than just over 5,000.

Not now ian.

I reckon our "hardcore is now down to 3000 to 3500 and will keep dwindling . The club now seems to have no profile in the city at all.

Saturday was a case in point - game against the team in second only attracted 6252.

We only play to aaround 65% capacity whereas five years ago we were playing to 98.5% -
yes I know we have expanded the cacity since then but the fans have not returned to take adavantage..

This season we have attracted just 108,499 to Withdean. compare that with other clubs in our division - Swansea 233,005; Southend 143,033; Millwall 157,531; Huddersfield 165,013, even Luton 124,578.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
all chat about crowd, no big deal to me , 6200 is about right for us , we always had a hardcore of about 4k ish at the goldstone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here