Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great LIVE performances

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Following on the greatest Rock band and Singer threads what about great live performances

To Start

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Regarding what you think of their music (used to be a big fan but went off them massively over last couple of albums) - MUSE are unbelievable live - possibly the best pure live spectacle since Queen.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I've been fortunate enough to see Leonard Cohen twice - in 1985 & 2008. Both performances will live with me forever. Also BB King in 1988 was pretty special.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Seen the Pixies three times and they were incredible on all three occasions. Better than they are on record. Would have loved to have seen Talking Heads live, Stop Making Sense is still far and away my favourite live show of anything, ever.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Maybe i should have made the title clearer, i was hoping to get to see some live clips like

or

I'm popping out to the shop now and there had better be some good clips for me to watch when i get back :tantrum:

Last edited:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
2 great shows stand out for me...and I try to go to 1 gig a month.

Gary Numan, Telcom tour 1980, not really into him at the time, but a cracking gig.
Steve iggs (Crass) feeding of the 5000, 2007 was one hell of a gig as well.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Saw Paul Weller last night - pure genius as always!

Try & get out & about as often as possible, Interestingly for me the memorable live performances aren't necessarily the most famous bands IMO.

Although The Who at Hyde Park was one of the best live performances for me, Ian Dury was as good & even Shed 7 (remember them?!) stand out as well. & of course, more locally - Too Many Crooks!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Same answer as the greatest rock band thread. Queen (Knebworth 1986)

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Thin Lizzy- Live at the Rainbow
U2 - Red Rocks (album was 'Under a B lood Red Sky)
Yngwie Malmsteen 1984 - Live in Leningrad
Metallica - Live at Nimes 2008 (Francais Pour Une Nuit)
Metallica - S&M 1999 Recorded with San Francisco Symphony Orchestra
Iron Maiden 1983 - Long Beach Arena (Recorded as Live After Death)
Iron Maiden 2000 - Rock in Rio performed in front of 250,000!

punk::guitar:punk::guitar:punk::guitar:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Oasis - Earls Court
Nivarna - Reading Festival
Mettalica - Milton Keynes Bowl
EMF / Carter USM - Underworld in Camdon
The Pogues - Brixton

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Bruce Springsteen and The E St Band, San Siro Milan 2003, 70,000 mad fans in a thunderstorm that brought the traffic and trains to a standstill........but not The Boss
Unforgettable experience

[yt]c5HFWBqY_vQ[/yt]

Crikey..... been so many!

Magazine, Dr John, Buddy Guy, Spandeau Ballet (!), Bryan Ferry, David Bowie, King Crimson, Rory Gallagher, Robin Trower, Focus, Ten Years After, Simple Minds, Shriekback, Eric Clapton Band, Wishbone Ash, Nils Lofgren, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Suzanne Vega, Jackson Browne, Van Morrison, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, Eddie And The Hot Rods, Dr.Feelgood, Wild Turkey, The Who, The Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin, The Police, Talking Heads, Fleetwood Mac, Focus, Eric Burdon, Jeff Beck......

Those are a few that have been amazingly great, a couple of which were unreal, approaching levitation.
I have though, been EXTREMELY lucky in my gig-attending lifetime. Only a few duds, and mostly very good - some 'unknowns' were fantastic too.

It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get - but I have tasted a connoisseur's choice by the crateload.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I have seen many excellent live performances over a good number of years but nothing has ever surpassed the sight of Jimi Hendrix at his most wild and eccentric.

would have loved to see that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here