Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great LIVE performances

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
For me it has to be Love. Arthur Lee and his band (all young compared to him). They played Leeds Irish centre about 8 years ago, from the moment they started with "7 & 7 is" they were amazing. His voice was great and he seemed genuinely happy to be out and touring. After the last encore he walked off stage straight to the bar and was immediately swamped by fans. I bet he got a few drinks bought for him! R.I.P Arthur.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
as honey boy zimba mentioned...new york dolls

my ears bled after that night

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
:censored::censored::censored: Post the bloody clips - it's my thread and I want clips

Like these

and closer to home

Where did you see him?

As its over 40 years my memory is a little bit of hazy but it was probably the Dome around 68/69. He was headlining other bands which was the way gigs were often set up in those days. We had the full range of him playing behind his head, with his teeth and, of course, the burning and smashing of his guitar. My other memory from that period was a set by The Who which finished after Keith Moon demolished his drum kit on stage by lashing out - I have never worked out whether it was stage managed or impromptu because the rest of them looked rather bemused by his behaviour.

As its over 40 years my memory is a little bit of hazy but it was probably the Dome around 68/69. He was headlining other bands which was the way gigs were often set up in those days. We had the full range of him playing behind his head, with his teeth and, of course, the burning and smashing of his guitar. My other memory from that period was a set by The Who which finished after Keith Moon demolished his drum kit on stage by lashing out - I have never worked out whether it was stage managed or impromptu because the rest of them looked rather bemused by his behaviour.

The 'orrible 'Oo smashed their stuff so many times (well Moon and Townshend did) that it can't have been a shock if Moon did it then.
Maybe they'd discussed not smashing anything that night, or he'd said it was his fave kit and he wouldn't!

Great about Hendrix, that is brilliant that you saw him like that.
I regret never witnessing him live, but my most likely time would have been the Isle of Wight, and he was awful that gig unfortunately.... as we know from the film.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here