Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great Groupon Deal

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
''...from the collection point in the stadium car park''

it sounds like they're touting tickets, and CPFC have no choice but to let them...

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
They're all too busy shopping in Sainsburys to go to the match

as i've said before, there's nothing wrong with that, Sainsburys just saw a grand opportunity to earn a heap more money (if tainted no doubt) from people who lack the brain capacity to think about what they're buying.

Well done to Sainsburys, but I definitely won't be moving to that store, even if they did have the hours.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Hahahahahaha

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I dont know how they got my works email address but I get emails on a weekly basis. Ranging from £10 tickets to corporate hospitality packages. I find them amusing and often reply to Mr Poulson who sends them mocking him with a bit of light hearted Banter. Until they beat us I returned to work on Monday morning with a message from Mr poulson just saying get in get in.

Im quite enjoying the banter to be honest and I do hope that there baron scoring run continues so I can start to mock him again.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
In the longer term Palace will have major problems maintaining their crowds.

More and more of their traditional support is fast moving out of South London, if they can afford to, to make way for people who are not really interested in watching football.

So for those fans, transport (both time and cost) becomes an issue.

The owners of the club know they they (the football club) must thenmselves relocate long term to survive.

As for the Groupon offer, personally I think it's not a bad idea - two games (both on TV) within 3 days - the Friday night one is hardly going to be a sell out.

Their problem is that they have only 9,000 STH - some of which are still on three year deals - meaning on Saturday, against their nearest rivals, only 3,500 Palace fans actually bought tickets.

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
On their forum...

If you ask me this is a great idea. Even if the club makes no money from this, the ground will look more filled for the TV cameras (I love the way the ad makes that to the benefit of the purchaser) and, you never know, we may get a few converts should the team actually manage to score a goal or two.

:lolol:

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
In the longer term Palace will have major problems maintaining their crowds.

More and more of their traditional support is fast moving out of South London, if they can afford to, to make way for people who are not really interested in watching football.

So for those fans, transport (both time and cost) becomes an issue.

The owners of the club know they they (the football club) must thenmselves relocate long term to survive.

As for the Groupon offer, personally I think it's not a bad idea - two games (both on TV) within 3 days - the Friday night one is hardly going to be a sell out.

Their problem is that they have only 9,000 STH - some of which are still on three year deals - meaning on Saturday, against their nearest rivals, only 3,500 Palace fans actually bought tickets.
All correct.

Virtually no-one within a mile of Selhurst Park actually goes to games.

Saturday is also correct, but you had to have a recent booking history OR be a member to be able to buy tickets as well.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it a publicity stunt ? Only 2,600 tickets for the game at the end of January because Palace are going to do another Groupon deal ?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
hahahahaha hahahahaaahahaaaa

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think many of them forgot to steal a scart lead though.

78% of them did nick a scart lead but were too thick to realise they would get a much better picture with a hdmi cable :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here