Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great Groupon Deal

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Groupon deals are generally the last croak of a dying firm, desperate for a small amount of cashflow.
I think that is sometimes the case.

From a firm's point of view, Groupon are a sad and desperate roll of the dice as they don't build any brand loyalty whatsoever and they devalue the product you're selling. Mind you, I'm not sure CPFC needs much help with devaluing, what with their gash, half-empty, run-down "stadium".

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
best bit is that on 51 have been sold so far.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
At the risk of being flamed to death, I think this is very sad. Of course we all hate Palace etc. etc. but it's a great shame when any club is at a financial low. We've been at the rough end of enough commercial dealings to know what it's like to think your club is going down the pan. It doesn't take alot for good fortune to turn and I genuinely hope this does not signal even harsher times for them. After all I really don't want to end up having to hate Southampton or Pompey...

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Derby tickets on Groupon today - CPFC BBS

Bless them they are all so happy

Good idea. Tickets are also available through Croydon Commitment for £10 each

Well done to whoever thought of this! Would get some myself but Im not in London
blue.gif

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
At the risk of being flamed to death, I think this is very sad. Of course we all hate Palace etc. etc. but it's a great shame when any club is at a financial low. We've been at the rough end of enough commercial dealings to know what it's like to think your club is going down the pan. It doesn't take alot for good fortune to turn and I genuinely hope this does not signal even harsher times for them. After all I really don't want to end up having to hate Southampton or Pompey...

Yeah, I agre-

Actually, no, f*** 'em.

Anyway, their owners are billionaires so I don't think they're in serious jeapordy. It's just mildly amusing.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Seriously, Palace must be heading toward financial problems again on the crowds that that they are getting.

I know they have a few kids on low money but must have an average wage of about £9k pw, considering that they paid Murray more than that and have quite a few players left from the Jordan days.

If just 14 of their players are earning that on average then thats £6.5m a year. Average crowd of 13k paying £20 avg x 24 games = £6.24m over 24 league games.

That means just the TV money, sponsorship and on the day revenue keeping their heads above water and thats not even considering all the other business overheads and non playing staff costs. best starting selling those youngsters!!!!

Compare this to the Amex, 20k average paying customers x lets say £22 comes to a very tasty sum of £10.5m per year gate money alone.
Murray is on £7.5k a week not more than £9k.

The highest wage is £12k. The average is around £6k.

And it's not desperation, it's trying to encourage fans to go. I don't blame them. Most of our fanbase are absolute wankers who can't be arsed to go to games.

The club loses £2m a season, most of which has been made back due to our Carling Cup run (Man Utd game is worth £1.2m alone thanks to ticket sales and Sky coverage). And due to the Academy having so much success, we would only need to sell a Zaha or a Williams to cut losses for 2 years.

Personally, a Friday night game on Sky, 6 days after Millwall (where the crowd was poor due to our fans being bottling twats), 2 days after Man U away (5000 away tickets sold), in the month before Xmas, i'm not expecting a big crowd.

But, some fans care enough about their team for money to be no object. The real fans of the team will be there and personally, that's all I care about.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Murray is on £7.5k a week not more than £9k.

The highest wage is £12k. The average is around £6k.

And it's not desperation, it's trying to encourage fans to go. I don't blame them. Most of our fanbase are absolute wankers who can't be arsed to go to games.

The club loses £2m a season, most of which has been made back due to our Carling Cup run (Man Utd game is worth £1.2m alone thanks to ticket sales and Sky coverage). And due to the Academy having so much success, we would only need to sell a Zaha or a Williams to cut losses for 2 years.

Personally, a Friday night game on Sky, 6 days after Millwall (where the crowd was poor due to our fans being bottling twats), 2 days after Man U away (5000 away tickets sold), in the month before Xmas, i'm not expecting a big crowd.

But, some fans care enough about their team for money to be no object. The real fans of the team will be there and personally, that's all I care about.

Great post this. Obviously I particularly endorse the part about most of your fan base being wankers, but pretty much all fair points.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
up to 72...That's nearly one and a half grand of revenue...how much cut does groupon take?

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
Those boots look well comfy, great discount too! Do you think they'll be alright to scotchguard so i can wear them at the amex when it rains?.... Oh where you on about the cheap tickets? Los Desperados!! :laugh:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Was round at my Dads on Sunday, small village in Kent, local rag which is usually full of absolute filler due to lack of real news had a massive CPFC advert begging people to buy a half season ticket for something like 30 pounds. It had desperation written all over it and has probably been taken up by no one.

I feel sorry for the people in marketing up there, must be hard to try and flog a dead horse!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here